NGD: OAF Bubinga 10 String

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
Thanks!
Once the weather here gets out of the 40s I'll see what I can do about outside pictures.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It'll definitely take a little bit of getting used to, but it's honestly not that bad. I'm used to adding strings below all the rest of the normal ones, not above. It's funny having to shift everything you're used to playing on the top string down one.

Totally! But also the strings are closer together than on a regular guitar (to keep the neck width manageable). That's what was a challenge for me. I kept accidentally skipping strings at first.

JohnBorn

Reaction score
HNGD! Make a video playing that beastly instrument man, i'm itching to hear how it sounds like

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
How does the high A sound on just the bridge pickup? It looks like it isn't above the pickup very much, but that might just be the camera angle.

Also, I'm curious in general about the high A, as in how much bending is possible, how shrill it sounds (due to the thinness and length of scale).

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
How does the high A sound on just the bridge pickup? It looks like it isn't above the pickup very much, but that might just be the camera angle.

Also, I'm curious in general about the high A, as in how much bending is possible, how shrill it sounds (due to the thinness and length of scale).

It sounds okay from the bridge. You can definitely tell it's quieter than the neck, but it's not to a degree that it hinders your playing. Definitely wouldn't call it shrill however.

As for bending, I've only gone about half a step so far. Honestly I'm too scared to go farther :lol:

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
It sounds okay from the bridge. You can definitely tell it's quieter than the neck, but it's not to a degree that it hinders your playing. Definitely wouldn't call it shrill however.

As for bending, I've only gone about half a step so far. Honestly I'm too scared to go farther :lol:

Good to hear. Ease into bending that thing, and have spares ready.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm blown away by how good it looks, I wasn't expecting that :D
Isn't the bridge DC45 not wide enough to pickup all the strings? The high A and low string seems out a bit. (edit : already been responded to haaaa, sorry :) )
How much did you pay for that if that's not indiscreet?

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I sent you a PM regarding price.
And like I said, the high A still definitely sounds, albeit a little bit quieter than the rest (on the bridge pickup only, it's perfect on the neck).

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I got outside today to take a few more pictures since it was nice and sunny out.
Here are some highlights. The rest are in the photobucket album I posted in first post.
002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

014.jpg

022.jpg

Pictures by Murdstone - Photobucket

luca9583

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar and fan! :lol:

Do the EMG bass pickups give a good midrange response and "guitar tone" for the upper strings when plugged into an amp?

Also, do the pole pieces of the pickups align perfectly with each of the 10 strings or do they just pick up all the strings well as a whole?

')