NGD: OAF Bubinga 10 String

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
how's it feel?

It feels very natural, the neck fits comfortably in my hand. And it's not as heavy as I was anticipating, which is definitely a good thing.

how much does a guitar like that run for?? or even other guitars that oakland axe factory makes?? BTW i checked the website and it has pics and links but no prices

Shoot Tom an email for a quote, I'm sure his pricing changes from time to time. He's good at getting back to emails.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zei

Reaction score
How's the Bubinga sound compared to Mahogany?

Fuck, that's a beauty of a guitar. I'm very jealous. Hope my OAF axe comes out just as nice :) (which it will)

sh4z

Reaction score
Awesome! definitely make some more clips/vidclips! Want to see/hear this harp guitar in action! :lol:

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
How's the Bubinga sound compared to Mahogany?

Fuck, that's a beauty of a guitar. I'm very jealous. Hope my OAF axe comes out just as nice :) (which it will)

I believe the Schecter Damien Elite 8 is mahogany, which was my primary guitar before this. The bubinga definitely sounds a lot more full yet warmer, almost like a piano. You can even hear it in the clean clip I posted a while ago. I'm sure Tom is going to make yours a work of art like this one :yesway:

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL! That nat finish is just stunning! I can't wait to hear some of the amplified vibrations that thing makes. I am wondering though, what made you choose EMGs?

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL! That nat finish is just stunning! I can't wait to hear some of the amplified vibrations that thing makes. I am wondering though, what made you choose EMGs?

The easiest answer I have is price. My first choice would have been Q tuners but their 6 string bass pickup didn't quite meet the size requirements. Maybe eventually I'll switch out for something a little better. I'd love a sustainer, but I don't know who I'd talk to to get one of those made for a 10.

Darren the bamboo feels great, it's nice and sturdy.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a little video for you guys but the audio of the webcam on my laptop lags like 6 seconds behind the video. I'm going to have to invest in an actual webcam soon, so there should be a video of some sort on the horizon.

New Age Moron

Reaction score
Beautiful. I have to get a 10 eventually, but I can't even handle 8 yet

atticmike

Reaction score
holy mother f***, this is sturdy and beautiful as shit.

I'm just a little worried about the nut-job he did on this axe...

Latest posts

')