NGD Oh Look its another Whitechapel AW-7 Sig

• Thread starter Rich5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Just got done setting it up. Phenomenal guitar, admittedly im not that into Whitechapel. That aside Alex you did a HELL of a job in designing this guitar along with th3m1ke, not gonna go too deep into it its all been said already about the guitar.

There will be a few mods done to it but thats in the future.

Couple of pics and yea there are fingerprints

P9130002.jpg

P9130004.jpg

P9130005.jpg

P9130007.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
I want so badly. It's just such a nice looking guitar. And I can't help but think that a mirror pickguard would look swell. Nice buy :D

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
If I may ask, what are you planning to do to it?

Rich5150

Reaction score
If I may ask, what are you planning to do to it?

New pickups most likley a Crunchlab/Liquifire combo, Hipshot bridge, new pick guard (if i can find one) lose the tone control.

LeAdEr

Reaction score
I love this guitar. There are only a few sevenstrings on the market that looks really nice, the most of them ar just boring black (esspecially from ibanez).

fortisursus

Reaction score
Its amazing the pickguard changes it from a relatively normal guitar, into a totally unique one. Love it

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
If you have capability you should do a tone test between the stock pickups and the new pickups that you are putting in :-D

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Hey it's all good, I don't expect everyone in the world to love my band. Thats why I made the effort to make my signature not a WHITECHAPEL guitar with inlays of our symbol or my signature or something. I wanted it to be a guitar that any player would appreciate, whether they like my band or not, and it looks like I succeeded :). Thanks for the purchase and I'm glad you enjoy it!

Rich5150

Reaction score
Hey it's all good, I don't expect everyone in the world to love my band. Thats why I made the effort to make my signature not a WHITECHAPEL guitar with inlays of our symbol or my signature or something. I wanted it to be a guitar that any player would appreciate, whether they like my band or not, and it looks like I succeeded :). Thanks for the purchase and I'm glad you enjoy it!

I didn't want to make it sound like I don't dig you guys that's not it at all, I did pick up the new disc. But I do have alot of respect for any musician that does what they do and does it well:hbang:

If I could I would make the trek down to NJ on Sunday to see you guys w Hatebreed.

Now for a Small live review:

Brought it out to a friends gig tonite to let him check it out, and hear it through a real amp (which I sadly can't have where I live)

Sounded great cuts through nice was super tight with a nice punch to it

I will probably just leave the deactivators in it for now. My buddy dug it as well and used it all night he wants one for himself now. Have to say it really is for its price one of the best guitars on the market.

Reaction score
New pickups most likley a Crunchlab/Liquifire combo, Hipshot bridge, new pick guard (if i can find one) lose the tone control.

Congrats on a sweet new toy!!! I love mine aside from the DA's in it, which I'm surprised that I'm having this much of an issue with them (way too muddy no matter how I try and EQ it, even on a Line 6 Vetta head...).

Let me know how the CL/LF combo is, and post clips if you do get them in. Just a suggestion though and I did this with mine. I would get the Dimarzio EP1112 multi-pole 5-way and re-wire the tone control as the neck pickup volume. I find that having individual volumes can really help blend the two pickups together nicely for some even sweeter tones.

Good luck with it man, and welcome to the ESP/AW-7 family!!!

:wavey:

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score

It's hard to tell from your pics, but don't these already have Hipshot bridges on them?

Rich5150

Reaction score
It's hard to tell from your pics, but don't these already have Hipshot bridges on them?

No they don't they have an ESP version of it. Solid bridge mind you just think the hipshot would be a nice upgrade.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Congrats on a sweet new toy!!! I love mine aside from the DA's in it, which I'm surprised that I'm having this much of an issue with them (way too muddy no matter how I try and EQ it, even on a Line 6 Vetta head...).

Let me know how the CL/LF combo is, and post clips if you do get them in. Just a suggestion though and I did this with mine. I would get the Dimarzio EP1112 multi-pole 5-way and re-wire the tone control as the neck pickup volume. I find that having individual volumes can really help blend the two pickups together nicely for some even sweeter tones.

Good luck with it man, and welcome to the ESP/AW-7 family!!!

:wavey:

Thanks I think I'm actually going to stick with the d-activators for now, will be losing the tone control though, and might rewire the center position for an inside coil on each pickup

Tereon

Reaction score
Nice guitar man, this thing is giving me more and more GAS every day.
I´ve read serveral times that the with its standard pickups sounds pretty dark, is this the same with yours?
Oh, and some clips would be nice, there´s just not enough stuff about this thing on the interwebz right now:)

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
If you are planning on throwing a real Hipshot in there like I am, it looks like one more hole would need to be drilled to accommodate it. I haven't compared it, but it looks like the 3 screws that keep the current bridge on would match up with a Hipshot.

I KNOW for a fact I've seen this posted somewhere before, but for the swap, would I get a .125, or a ,.175? Apologies for my retardation.

Latest posts

')