NGD ..omg im in love

• Thread starter jamesy_pwd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JesseTheMachine

Reaction score
Wicked present man, but don't you hate it when you get combined presents like that? Or do you find you just get more extravagant gifts that way?

Sick coffin case at any rate :yesway:

Auyard

Reaction score
Dude, nice. Really appreciate your parents for that, not all of them know enough to buy a kickass guitar like that, my parents still don't understand a difference between 6 and 7s.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Wicked present man, but don't you hate it when you get combined presents like that? Or do you find you just get more extravagant gifts that way?

My B-day is on Jan 8th, so it's not super close but I do find I usually get bigger, more extravagant stuff than kids who's b-day/x-mas is months apart ;)

EliNoPants

Reaction score
coil-tapping pickups FTW!!! i know i love my Hellraiser more and more every time i play it

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
Congrats and :bday: dude!
The other guitarist in my band has the exact same guitar.. and the exact same coffin case :D
It's a beast :metal:

Janiator

Reaction score
my parents still don't understand a difference between 6 and 7s.

My mom doesn't know what guitar strings are :scream::lol:

Congrats on the guitar. How do you like the neck? I always thought they were too thick for me.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Dude, nice. Really appreciate your parents for that, not all of them know enough to buy a kickass guitar like that, my parents still don't understand a difference between 6 and 7s.

I actually had to deal with a variation of that brand of ignorance yesterday. I was bored (the Christmas Eve family get-together was cancelled due to bad weather - it was cancelled AGAIN today, due to the same bad weather! :mad:), so I went to Music-Go-Round (they specialize in selling used and overstock music gear) to try out some guitars, and maybe buy a low dollar one (if I found it interesting enough) for some cheap thrills, and dropped D playing. A couple of guys in their late 40s/early 50s were in Music Go Round looking at drum stuff. One of the guys commented to me, "so you're the one making all of that noise on guitar!" (in other words, once again, I heard a variation of "gee, you're a girl, and you can play guitar!! :rolleyes:). I told the guy, that yes, I played guitar, and I've been playing for a long time (31 years), and I've also played lead guitar in bands. So what does the guy say? "What bands have played in?, Barry's Truckers (a popular local oldies cover band)?" What a dumb question!! I'm blasting away through a Peavey Valve king, with the gain maxed, and you're asking me if I play twangy oldies rock & roll? :rolleyes: I said that no, I play in heavy rock bands, and to top it off, I also play 7s. The guy told me he didn't understand what I meant by 7s. So I clarified it - 7-string guitar. That response from me, elicited the most clueless comment of all. "They make 7-string guitars? That's too many strings!" Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! :wallbash:

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
My mom doesn't know what guitar strings are :scream::lol:

Congrats on the guitar. How do you like the neck? I always thought they were too thick for me.

i like it, really really nice to play, fast neck, i dont notice the thickness much really at all, just wider haha takes a bit of getting used to ;)

Latest posts

')