NGD! On my way to "GROTE"ness

• Thread starter 7phreek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
but at the same time, i cant convince myself to give money to a rip-off brand. i mean those chibanez jems makes me sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7phreek

Reaction score
but at the same time, i cant convince myself to give money to a rip-off brand. i mean those chibanez jems makes me sick

Yeah true,not my cup of tea those Ibanez ripoffs.But this was a little more inconspicuous and I really wanted a semi hollow,and 7 strings just made the deal a little sweeter.

7phreek

Reaction score
whelp, im getting one. im SO fucking happy that these came out nice. and i expect mods to all guitars, so im honestly pleased that this only needs the normal ones.

how does it SOUND though?

Better than I expected,but a little muddy on the lower strings.I contacted Seymour Duncan and asked for his recommendation for a semi hollow,he told me a matching set of distortions should do the trick.If anyone else on this forum has a semi hollow,give me your thoughts on a good upgrade.

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Better than I expected,but a little muddy on the lower strings.I contacted Seymour Duncan and asked for his recommendation for a semi hollow,he told me a matching set of distortions should do the trick.If anyone else on this forum has a semi hollow,give me your thoughts on a good upgrade.

Wouldn't Duncan Distortions be a bit too hot for that :scratch: or is that what you are looking for, I would go for a JB in the bridge and a '57' in the neck but that's just my personal preference :lol:

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldnt want all that output from those pickups in a SH.

Too much resonance, would be even deeper in the mud pit

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldnt want all that output from those pickups in a SH.

Too much resonance, would be even deeper in the mud pit

:agreed:
Definitely, especially when they are usually used for articulated music like jazz, but like I said personal preferences.

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
I dont want to be that guy, but Tosin really nailed it with his strandberg semi hollow 8, those lace bars voiced like p90's are probably the best thing to happen to a semi hollow ER guitar

7phreek

Reaction score
Thanks for your input folks. Your probably right,I should go for something a little less hot. Maybe some lace alumitones....:scratch

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Dimarzio PAF's work well, A friend of mine had a couple in his custom Ibanez 7 Hollow Body, the tone was good but he had a really bad setting on the amp, PURE MUD!!!

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Nice. Tempted. I agree that I'd probably go alumitone for the pups. I don't do much with very high notes so I'd probably tune it down to F with some weird tuning to fill range up to D. AFCGCF works nicely on 6s so maybe a variation of that. Meaty!

sojorel

Scourge
Reaction score
Aww man, now I have fewer reasons not to get one :squint:

Any chance of clips of this bad boy?

kyledander

Reaction score
Hey, hope you don't mind that im bringing this back from awhile ago, but I'm thinking about picking one up

ELECTRIC GUITAR 7 STRINGS EBONY FRETBOARD FREE S & P | eBay

I just had some questions:
How is the feedback with high gain/ metally stuff? I am hoping this guitar will be good for both jazz and heavy stuff.
Also, how has the quality help up as it aged? did you notice anything you didn't like that you didn't notice before, did the neck bow too fast, etc.

Murmel

Reaction score
Dude, you don't have to bump unless it's been like 3 days, chill out. There's like one guy who owns this guitar so don't expect answers right away.

And judging by the fact that he's been a member since 2007 and doesn't even have 50 posts he doesn't come here very often.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I've thought about buying one ever since I saw it online but I'm scared. I'll probably stick with my ARZ307 and not get a semi-hollow until I buy an expensive custom or a real brand makes a decent production model.

Latest posts

')