NGD - Oni 8 (Pic Heavy)

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Pics first.... review and specs later.

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

:bowdown:

Specs:
- Rock Maple body and neck
- Ibanez Wizard I style neck profile
- Flame Maple body and headstock veneers w/ walnut stripe down the middle
- Ebony fretboard
- Custom hand-wound ONI 8-string humbuckers in EMG casings with ebony veneers
- 28.75" scale
- 5-way Ibanez style pickup selector
- 1 volume knob
- Fixed Hipshot 8-string bridge
- Black hardware

Review - Well what can I say really.... The guitar is amazing. Craftmanship and build quality is top notch - the best I've seen in real life anyways :agreed:

I'm loving the attention to detail and am yet to find a fault or something that I don't like about the guitar. I'm so glad that the hype on here from guys like Eric and Matt pushed me into taking the plunge. Once I seen this one up for sale I jumped on it!!!

I was considering going for a custom with Dan at some point anyways for an 8 so this was such a great opportunity!

The woods are of great quality obviously, comparing the ebony on my Agile to the ebony on the Oni.... I mean you would think that they are different woods :lol:

The Ebony covers are drool worthy and that top.... mmmmmm

I love the way it plays and almost pushes me into some kind of more classy jazz/melodic lines. I almost feel guilty djenting on this thing :lol:

Bottom line - MOJO, best guitar I've ever played/looked at in person

Dans work is amazing :metal:

Also thanks heaps to Scott who I bought this from..... great to deal with and good bloke too... Poor guy needed to go to the shops and I was just too excited and wanted to talk about gear :lol: Great deal bro!

EDIT - Had to delete some pics as I hit the limit!....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
These are just absolutely amazing guitars! You're a very lucky man, congrats!:hbang:

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Man, I'm so happy you love it :)

That's one thing I NEVER did with it. Take great photos and make videos as I said I always would. I mean I have some videos somewhere of me recording on it but they're on a phone and all out of sync and what not.

Sorry I had to run last night man, I wanted to keep chatting too but duties called!

Enjoy her man, she's a beaut ;)
Puts out too... like, high output........ 0___o'

Also, I forgot to mention, a bass string on the low E is better for the string ferrules in the back, the 80's I gave you are a bit hard to squeeze in so I actually had to unwind a little bit of the nickel to get them to fit right in. I'm sure you'll figure it out man!

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
swimingly perfect flame! Love the covers!

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
quite literally one of the nicest 8's I've seen, I was pretty sure it'd be another Oni :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I love that thing. Just a beautiful piece of work. I'm not generally one to think that wood variety has much influence on tone for electrics, but I've always wanted to try an all maple build. (Nice pics, too!)

')