[NGD] Ormsby Goliath GTR 8

Exchanger

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new at this so please don't be surprised if I'm not abiding by the NGD post etiquette to the letter.
I assume most of you are already familiar with Ormsby. Probably more than I am. I had been thinking getting a headless for a while, although I had yet to find a model I really liked and would be willing to pay for. strandbergs are cool but not quite for my taste. And a bit pricy. Then I stumbled across this Ormsby on Reverb for half of that price, with looks that I dig much much more. After a quick look in the dedicated thread I decided to pull the trigger and buy it.

Specs (copied from the Reverb description) :
25.5" - 28.2" Multiscale

TONE:
Bridge PU : Nunchucker A8
Neck PU : De La Creme A2
(both Ormsby design)
Controls are volume, tone, 3-way switch + push-pull for coil splitting

SPECIFICATIONS:
BODY:
Mahogany, chambered for tone and weight reduction
NECK: Laminated Rock Maple, bolt on
NECK SHAPE: 20.3 @ 1st - 22 @ 17th D shape
FRETBOARD: Ebony
FRETWIRE: Jumbo Stainless Steel
INLAY: Mother of Pearl, plus Ormsby in white
SIDE DOTS: Luminlay
HARDWARE COLOUR: Black
BRIDGE + HEAD UNIT: Custom single string bridges

Without further adue : PICS !! (ok I suck at making pics)backside.jpg bronze.jpg gold.jpg hanging broonze.jpg hanging.jpg head.jpg main shot.jpg over bass.jpg pots detail.jpg

NOTE : I also wanted to do a video to show some playing, but somehow I can't sync the video to the audio recorded with Cubase, they are simply at slightly different speeds :rant2:. So I'll have to settle with just an audio clip. But I'll have to redo it so I can describe orally the pickup settings etc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Exchanger

Reaction score
Thanks / Dank je wel

I finally found the charging cable for my proper camera. It's a few years old, but better than my phone so these pics should be a bit sharper. Sadly in the meantime, the sun has gone away so the ones without the flash are not that great, but the flash always interacts weirdly with those types of finishes.

I should have some sound samples later tonight.
2bot.jpg 2bridge.jpg 2flash face.jpg 2flash neck.jpg 2flash top.jpg 2gold chair.jpg 2gold.jpg 2red.jpg

gienek

Reaction score
I dont get this bridge. How do you tune? How do you intonate instead?

Exchanger

Reaction score
Intonation is as usual with the saddles. The string is locked by its ball end in another "drawer" below, the knurled screw then allows you to pull more or less on that drawer to get more or less tension = tuning