NGD! Ormsby Hype GTI Standard Scale

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Got my second Ormsby guitar on Friday!
I've been wanting a light blue guitar for a while now and haven't found anything that really fit what I wanted in terms of specs.
Finally found this and it ticked a a lot of boxes for what I wanted in a guitar so took the chance and bought it.
Enjoying it a lot. Out of the box it sounds and plays really nicely for their more inexpensive line of guitars. Came setup very nicely from the Ormsby team. Really love that all their guitars even their import models are setup by them here in Australia.
Will be taking it to my tech for a setup with 11-56 strings tuned to drop C, a Bone nut and some shielding.
The stock pickups are really good but will be replacing them with something more suited to what I intend to use the guitar for. Probably the Alpha/Omega set or maybe something from Bare Knuckle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Nice! How do you like the neck?
I really like it!
I'm not sure what to compare it to since I haven't played many other brands actually and a lot of the guitars I own have interesting necks.
Its a D shape and I find it pretty comfortable and fast to play. Probably not as fast as a Thin U from ESP or Ibanez but still pretty nice.

')