NGD: Outrageously retro Jackson budget content

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
"When you play a guitar that has outrageous colors, it's because you have the self awareness that your chops are so good that people forgets you're playing a neon pink guitar" - quote

A19 - Jackson DK3.jpg

Do I have that self awareness...HELL NO!
Some say I can shred but my playing is so far away from where I'd like it to be, but I kinda went on a Kiko Loureiro, Angel's Cry period craze...and he played that cool as hell pink Tagima
Also, I'm a kid from '78 who prematurely went through the 80s...when I saw this guitar second hand for € 390 with a gifted quality gig bag...it was so hard to pass for me.
I fought with myself for almost 10 days trying to reason that I was purchasing it only for the color and I should have saved for the EVH with the D-Tuna...but the voices of young Kiko and CC Deville won me over

When it arrived I was giddy as a kid and I still am because I didn't expected it to be so good

I expected the manifacture to be China, as it goes for near € 600 new, but instead it's Indonesian

Now, I don't know if the previous owner had some works done on it, but the ffrets are well leveled, there aren't rough edges and it was in perfect playing conditions

The plastics are still there, the only marks are picking scratches on the body under the E string, but they're just visible only at certain angles
20240824_151331.jpg

20240824_151400.jpg
20240824_151342.jpg
20240824_151348.jpg

The fretboard is a bit dry, the frets are not polished and show that it has been used, but really nothing biggie

The neck is awesome, classic D shape you expect from a Jackson shredder, even at low budget, playability is awesome

In regards to the sound, the guitar is very full, bassy and growly...I suspect it has some sort of licensed Super Distortion on the bridge pick up
I didn't fiddle with the EQ of the Helix, but the sound is very in line with the other Jacksons I have

All in all, for such a price, it's an incredible guitar that for those of you that like platforms for modding is EXCELLENT

I will try to cisel the tone to my liking, and if it goes wrong, the pups will go for something more articulate, but yeah, we'll see...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a rooster dink pink guitar, glad you are enjoying it!

Like you said, the mod options are excellent nowadays. The world is your oyster for guitar mods!

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
HNGD! Looks great - shell pinks are everywhere these days but deep, rich pinks are much fewer and further between. One of my favourite favourite solid finishes on an old project was an almost identical shade, just with a metallic flake.
IMG_2454.jpeg

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I guess that explains why my next guitar's being black
Buy an outrageous looking guitar and play it with lights off
HNGD! Looks great - shell pinks are everywhere these days but deep, rich pinks are much fewer and further between. One of my favourite favourite solid finishes on an old project was an almost identical shade, just with a metallic flake.View attachment 148743
Jeez, that's sick!
Man, that is cool! My first nice guitar ever was pink (I still have it) and I’ve been a fan ever since.
My biggest regret as a guitarist is having sold my first guitar that was a black Stratosquier with a big Megadeth sticker and it was bad, because it was from 1990, but I moved my first step on it
I'm happy for you that you kept it
Sick. I wanted the bright green version with the pink pickups.
That one is still in production
For me it's a steal
If you manage to finance it, it comes very cheap monthly

Perhaps I forgot to say that I purchased it from a shop that allowed me to finance it in 3 months even if second hand, so it was really impossible to pass

')