NGD!! possibly the first ever of the new LTD 8 strings

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
with the outrageous amounts of guitar center gift cards i recieved i thought id get something a little nice!

i personally love the short scale. this guitar is extremely comfortable too. actives sound great and gives a nice thick mahogany tone. this thing fucking ROARS! if you ever get the chance definetly try one out!

its not bad on the eyes either ;)

the grey pearl binding is beautiful in person although you may not be able to tell in the pics!

any questions, feel free to ask!
2u5ewkl.jpg

ac4d9w.jpg

2vuejxz.jpg

qxw0gh.jpg

157mbs8.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i have it down to everything down a half step. keeps tension that i can live with just fine so i have no complaints! ill get a bigger set down the road but for right now im perfectly comfortable with the tension i have now

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Played this model at Sam Ash yesterday. I rather liked it. The strings were way too thin for Drop E, but it still played well. Pickups were mediocre, but it was expected. Congrats on the score. :yesway:

naavanka_

Reaction score
Played this model at Sam Ash yesterday. I rather liked it. The strings were way too thin for Drop E, but it still played well. Pickups were mediocre, but it was expected. Congrats on the score. :yesway:

Funny that they still use those same mediocre pups on really high end guitars :)

I´ve never liked EMGs myself though..

Murmel

Reaction score
EMG's aren't mediocre, if they were they wouldn't be one of the worlds most renowned pickup brands. It's all a matter of taste.

Don't expect anything to come with BKP's or Lundgren's stock :lol:

djinn314

Reaction score
I wish they had inlays. I know some people say you don't need it but I like having them.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Pics of the whole guitar / back? Looks sweet from what I can see.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Wow looks good! If I had a standard scale 8, I'd tune it low B to high A and then drop the B down to G or F# or something on occasion for fun. My Mayones is a 25" scale and happily does a bit of G# or A with a .060.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
the 25.5 holds F well, but i like a little give to my strings. im a metal guy so could never fathom having a high A! :lol:

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
i played this guitar at a GC a few weeks ago and thought it was absolute garbage... the quality was just horrible... granted, it was setup very poorly (thats GC's fault), but the fretwork was pretty poor, the binding looked extremely cheap and the overall sound was a little weak...

on the brighter side, the finish was nice and so was the neck profile... it was enough for me to know that i could really get used to an 8 string really quickly... but im just gonna save up for an RG2228

7StringSloan

Reaction score
Played this at GC yesterday and the only reason I didnt walk out with it was because they only had the 1 floor model and it was ALREADY beat to hell. It was damn good! Better than most schecter and ibanez 8's and in my opinion the only "better" 8 was the 2228 and it wasn't a $1000 difference. But dear lord that's alot of gift cards lol

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Wow that binding!
Now that I've seen your pictures I like it much more, the headstock kinda fits.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Played this at GC yesterday and the only reason I didnt walk out with it was because they only had the 1 floor model and it was ALREADY beat to hell. It was damn good! Better than most schecter and ibanez 8's and in my opinion the only "better" 8 was the 2228 and it wasn't a $1000 difference. But dear lord that's alot of gift cards lol

My GC only had one floor model too but they got it brand new that day. A friend if mine works there and he called me as soon as they got it in cuz he knew id be interested. I walked out with it the day it got in :lol:

The old blues guitarists working there looked at me as if I was a demon spawn!

')