NGD! Pot Noodle month (56k thou shall not pass)

• Thread starter 13point9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
So yeah I couldn't resist it :lol: I went to the shop to try one out and they had two with almost opposite tops, one was really light maple with a lot of the black graining through it, and this one that i went for in the end. Even though this one hasn't been tuned or set up at all, it just felt nicer...

so without further ado...

DSC00294.jpg

Hang on, wait, what? Jackson?!?! thats not right...

DSC00295.jpg

Ohhhh, you can tell by your nose your not a Jackson (bit big though)

DSC00296.jpg

I feel the rest of your figure makes up for it though :lol:

DSC00298.jpg

Need to be REAL careful. She has no NO finish on her

Nice thick top, its spalted maple but you can barely tell on this one

DSC00299.jpg

Action is TERRIBLE... deffo needs a good, pro set up. (and probs an OFR as this one is pretty dire)

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

and her with the family...

DSC00307.jpg

The pups are so versatile with its 5 way blade switch (bridge/coil/both coil/ coil/ neck. I'm REALLY surprised, its has stopped me GASing over an ltd f2e and a dean soltero as it has the look of the ltd (IMO) and the sound and warmth of the Dean. After I get it set up it will be my main 6 I think with my RMS staying in drop C (was originally going to be the other way around).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks to have a thin transparent finish on it, as wood doesn't reflect light like that. :yesway:

Nice score man! :hbang:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
if it does then phew for me xD, word of warning though, I wouldn't have paid full price for it (£429, cheapest I saw online was £329) but as it was £229 with the soft case (it doesn't fit in a normal hardcase cos of the slightly silly headstock) and a set of strings I think it was a pretty nice deal.

They have one left if anyone lives near Bournemouth xD

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
update whilst eating Ramen :lol:

replaced the springs in the trem (now has 4 in) and tuned it up, took a while to settle down but seems to be OK now, lowered that trem into the body a bit which has helped the action, the rest will have to be done via the truss rod, which I can't get to atm, but its deffo playable now and its really really nice sounding. pups are amazing for "hot blues", its all i seem to be playing on it haha (pinches aren't great, could be to do with set up as much as anything else) seeing as this is going to be my jam around/ open mic night guitar its ideal :yesway:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
another update...

still haven't got it set up properly but did a couple test vids for sound etc :yesway:

Direct out of my amp= bad times... all improv, playing in all pup sweitch positions etc

Mother North cover (1st song I've learnt it years lol) with "room ambiance" D: rushed and mistake laden but meh you get the idea lol

Did I also mention I REALLY don't like .9's? lol

')