NGD Preview: Jackson DK2M Burnt Orange Quilt

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just some teaser pics of a guitar that's on the way to me. Unfortunately it won't be here until December 2nd :(

I've got a set of BKP Warpigs I got a good deal on sitting here waiting for it :D

16194928bfb89c9d6.jpg

16194928bfb8eda4e.jpg

16194928bfb8c5214.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
haha yeah, RG770DX's are pretty sexy, i scored a beater one in laser blue for $300 AUD. though it came with everything but the middle and bridge pickups.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed @ inlays. Any chance you can do a project and dye'em red? Normally I don't care about inlays, but something about the body, headstock, inlays = yes!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah that would definitely not work... you can't really dye black. I'm not sure how Jackson does those inlays either. I'll have to look at them and see, maybe if I really love the guitar I'll have a local shop replace them, though that's probably a bit much to spend on a fairly cheap import bolt on.

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score
Nice, I've got one in trans blue, it's my favorite guitar. Of course, it's also the most expensive guitar I own, so I guess my standards are a little different from yours :lol:

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice. Those are great guitars. I had a DK2M in the blue bengal finish, but i just didn't care for the neck profile.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
nice. I cant wait for Elysian to finish the neck for my DK2 body.. its gonna be badass!

I havent tried the DK2M itself out yet, but I'll have something quite similar hopefully soon =]

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score
tell us what kind of neck; is it block heel or curved or somethihng

I have no pictures of mine, but a quick google image search reveals:

dk2mred018.jpg

Access is quite good, about the same as the AANJ on my RG7321, I'd say. (although overall, the neck on the DK2M is WAY better than the RG7321 neck)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm hoping the neck profile on this is somewhat similar to a six string version of the profile on the COW7, as I really liked that quite a bit :agreed:

Reaction score
nice.. would be killa if it had no inlays at all.:yum:

Corrected.

This guy that i jam with occasionally has one of those DK2Ms. I was actually really surprised how nice it played for how much they are and what they are. Judging from the pictures, thats a sexy ass red color too. Nice score!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that burnt orange quilt with the maple was just too hot to pass up... I can't wait to get it, but unfortunately UPS takes FOREVER coming out of Washington state. It's like they use freaking donkeys or something :lol:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Love the Pro Series Dinky.
Well made instruments, but I've never played the maple board versions.
Looks badass:metal:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Its a shame they dont make Maple fretboarded SLSMG's.. that would be the ultimate guitar, with a quilt top =]

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
the maple fretboard is win, good sir.