NGD - PRS Custom 24 10 top - Fire Red Burst

Reaction score
What can I say, it's a PRS Custom 24. There's a level of quality I've come to love with PRS and this one is no exception to that rule.

I believe this one is in Fire Red Burst.
10 top.
Pattern Thin neck.
Made in 2013.

I'm probably gonna swap the rings for some black ones and put some brushed nickel covered pickups in there. Make it a bit more sleek, less vintagey.

Here's some photos, enjoy!

PRS_Sized_9345.jpg

PRS_Sized_9359.jpg

PRS_Sized_9361.jpg

PRS_Sized_9369.jpg

PRS_Sized_9374.jpg

PRS_Sized_9376.jpg

PRS_Sized_9378.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bouVIP

Reaction score
It is Fire Burst Red and HNGD!

I'm gonna miss it haha

OlisDead

Reaction score
I had a PRS custom 24 in fire red burst with a nice one piece 10 top a few months ago, it was a beauty and screamed "quality" as it's always the case with PRS.

HNGD! Yours is a beauty too.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Man...I think the word '10-top' has lost some of it's shine, because I've seen many, many guitars branded as '10-tops' that just pale in comparison to tops like this. That looks like an awesome guitar, my friend. Will look even better once you do those swaps.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Very nice! Looks a lot like my p22 I just picked up, except now I definitely want to put black knobs on it instead of the Amber ones, so so expensive though!
What pickups are you thinking of putting in there? What's currently in it?

Reaction score
Man...I think the word '10-top' has lost some of it's shine, because I've seen many, many guitars branded as '10-tops' that just pale in comparison to tops like this. That looks like an awesome guitar, my friend. Will look even better once you do those swaps.

I'll show a rare moment of honesty, I really only buy 10-tops because they have better market value. But I have seen some non-10-tops that are incredible. And I've also seen some 10 tops where I'm left scratching my head.

Very nice! Looks a lot like my p22 I just picked up, except now I definitely want to put black knobs on it instead of the Amber ones, so so expensive though!
What pickups are you thinking of putting in there? What's currently in it?

At this point I really don't know. These are 5909s. I like the directness of the bridge but the neck doesn't have enough snap for me. I've had another set in my other Custom 24 before and came to the same conclusion. This is going to be a drop C metal guitar, so I'm leaning towards a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb bridge and Cold Sweat neck, but I'm open to suggestions. VHII neck and something a little mellower than a nailbomb might work, too.

Gorgeous guitar. I so wish I liked PRS neckshapes.

What about them don't you like?

Vrollin

Reaction score
Considered the Prs \m/ set? Could be a winner if you want to keep it in house...

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice. Leave the cream rings. They look better on PRS.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I see there is a grand piano in the background. Is it a fancy grand piano or a REALLY fancy grand piano? :cool:

')