NGD: PRS Custom 24 Artist Package

• Thread starter arcadia fades
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

arcadia fades

Reaction score
well, actually picked this up off eBay last week! but hey-ho! too much time playing it and work (ughhh)

got this for a steal of a price (in my opinion) £1200! the lone bidder :woohoo:

trem was setup almost at a 45 degree angle :lol: :nono: and the truss rod was completely loosened off! wtf!?... anyway this was quickly fixed and
underneath the years old dust and gunk I found a sexy black artist grade top quilt! the gold hardware hasn't tarnished one bit so it would guess the guitar has barely been used and flung in the case for years based on the overall condition. 2007 model and built on my 19th birthday apparently!

i'm actually considering some bare knuckle alnico nailbombs (brushed nickel with gold screws) or maybe gold covers, anyone tried nailbombs in a PRS before?

some photos:

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I'd give the prs pickups a good test before replacing them, unless you really don't like them.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
With the exception of this exact configuration with an oiled/satin rosewood neck, this is my favourite PRS. I just love their grey/black finish, and the gold hardware with creme rings and bobbins sets it off perfectly. Consider me jealous. :agreed:

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Dude, awesome. My Cu24 Artist pack with rosewood neck is fucking fantastic. Unfortunately I bought it 3 months before the economy tanked so selling is out of the question! It's tales like this that really stop me from selling, hahahahaha.

Oh, I put Cold Sweats in mine. Perv-worthy.

Note: The Cold Sweats are BKP's recommended like-for-like replacement for HFS/VB. If you want a hot/tight but quite airy bridge and a smooth neck, do it. They are same style as the original set but destroy them. Ask for reversed magnet to be compatible with the 5 way. If you don't do this the in-between settings sound odd.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
That is epic guitar and a pretty decent price
I have seen much lower spec prs up for mad money and they are not selling.
If you ever fancy a JCM800 half stack in part exchange against it let me know

SkweakyMuffin

Reaction score
The gold hardware is pretty tasty on that thing! Very classy guitar. I need to get myself a nice PRS. Maybe someday... HNGD!

Alexis

Reaction score
such a beauty!
that abalone is stunning, as the top is too!

')