NGD: Prs custom 24 with rosewood neck

• Thread starter timbucktu123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

timbucktu123

Reaction score
well first thing first pics:
image_zpsfcc79af9.jpg.html

image_zpsd5abec1f.jpg.html

image_zpsc352761a.jpg.html

image_zps46b77d66.jpg.html

image_zpsc76cc81a.jpg.html

and heres a shot with my caparison angelus which i may do a ngd for
image_zpsac8d0df3.jpg.html

and heres the photo bucket link in case those dont work http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/timsguitar123/library/?sort=3&page=1

Okay so now the specs. this is a 2009 paul reed smith custom 24 i got used from guitarcenter

Body: mahogany with a quilted maple top in an amazing looking trans red
Neck: rosewood neck with a rosewood fingerboard
pickups: prs Hfs(bridge) and vintage bass(neck)
prs Tremelo bridge
master volume and master tone knob with a 3 way switch and coil tap on the tone knob
24 frets(obviously)
10 gauge strings in drop d

after selling my JPX i was looking for a high end guitar i would be perfectly satisfied because i seriously didn't like the jpx. so i found this jem of a prs in guitarcenter'ss used section on their website( seriously people go on guitarcenter.com and take a look there are some fantastic deals, just email them and ask for pics first) and when i found this i basically fell in love with the looks so the next day i got to guitarcenter to play a custom 24 to confirm i like the playability(ive owned a mccarty before and seriously didn't like it). AFter playing a a custom 24 i placed my order the next day. i ordered the guitar sunday and it got to me by the following thursday.

now enough backstory and onto the guitar itself. to me its the definition of a fantastic and well constructed instrument. The fret work is amazing not a single dead not or fret out bend anywhere on the neck. The tone from the HFS and vintage bass is superb and works for everything i play(in my band i play Silverstein, story of the year, a day to remember kinda stuff but with more solos and at home i play alot of trivium and stuff like that). chords sound full and clear, riffs sound tight, solos sounds creamy and clear. to me this is pretty much the perfect guitar for me when im playing in drop d.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Very nice! The rosewood neck is very distinctive! Congrats!!

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
Had to use the link.
Cool guitar! BIG fan of the rosewood necks. :yesway:
Never seen covered HFS/VintBass pickups before.
HNGD!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Pictures didn't work up top, here ya go! haha
Awesome guitar man, happy NGD!
image_zpsac8d0df3.jpg

image_zps49e3f24b.jpg

image_zpsc352761a.jpg

image_zpsc76cc81a.jpg

image_zps46b77d66.jpg

image_zpsd5abec1f.jpg

image_zpsfcc79af9.jpg

WillDfx

Reaction score
That's what I like to see! I'm glad you took my advice and posted a NGD, that guitar deserves it!

timbucktu123

Reaction score
WOAH. Calling dibs on this baby :lol:

sorry man but this baby isnt going anywhere for a long time :). its literally become my favorite guitar and any other of my guitars in drop d have been horribly neglected since i got it XD.

The caparison however may be leaving eventually tho

timbucktu123

Reaction score
thank you so much everyone.

btw can anyone help me classify what kinda custom 24 this is? im really curious because the only ones ive seen like it is artist package ones

')