NGD: PRS Paul Reed Smith Tremonti Custom

• Thread starter Guitarholic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I gotta admit selling my PRS Tremonti (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/st...-reed-smith-tremonti-ii-tri-color-10-top.html) last year was a really hard decision to make. I loved that thing and only reason I did it was to fund moving to the US. I've been here in DC for about 7 months now and it's awesome. Good people here!

And now, I finally got a new Tremonti. Not a 10top this time, but a custom shop one (thank you PRS). Stock Tremonti options but with a satin finish on the neck (which is way they couldn't do a black headstock), old-school bird inlays and frostbite finish. ROCK!!! And I have a BKP Aftermath waiting to replace the Tremonti bridge pickup (which is great for Rock music but not so much for what I do).

2011-02-04_21-01-30_337.jpg

2011-02-04_19-53-13_404.jpg

2011-02-04_19-54-00_727.jpg

2011-02-04_19-53-47_665.jpg

2011-02-04_19-52-58_208.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickB11

Reaction score
Welcome to the club man! I love mine, but I really like that frostbite finish on yours! Looks great!

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
What? How?....FUUUCCKK!!

That's awesome. I want one. Please PM me with what you paid if you don't mind me asking.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
So awesome, one day I will play this, and it will be a good day. Absolutely one of the nicest Singlecuts I have ever seen.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
nice man! def my fav guitar from PRS. my brother has the tremonti SE but i want to own or at least play the real one some day.

i bought the tremonti bridge pup for my schecter and i love it! im surprised you are wanting to replace it. that finish is sexy too! :D

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
nice man! def my fav guitar from PRS. my brother has the tremonti SE but i want to own or at least play the real one some day.

i bought the tremonti bridge pup for my schecter and i love it! im surprised you are wanting to replace it. that finish is sexy too! :D

Don't get me wrong, it's a great pickup. Especially for hard rock. But it's just a little too ... loose I suppose. I want that tight crunch that you get from the Aftermath.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and by the way even if you that is not a 10 top it is as good or better than many 10 tops I've seen. PRS really is weird when they grade there tops. I have seen a bunch of really nice non 10 tops and some really lackluster 10 tops for sure.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Oh and by the way even if you that is not a 10 top it is as good or better than many 10 tops I've seen. PRS really is weird when they grade there tops. I have seen a bunch of really nice non 10 tops and some really lackluster 10 tops for sure.

+1 to this....i had a singlecut a little while back that was not graded a 10-top, but it had a nicer flame than some of the 10-top guitars ive seen for sale at GC

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
That top has a nice tight flame, good bookmatch and looks like no dead spots. Surely should be a 10 top.

')