NGD: PRS Paul Reed Smith Tremonti Custom

• Thread starter Guitarholic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
Oh and by the way even if you that is not a 10 top it is as good or better than many 10 tops I've seen. PRS really is weird when they grade there tops. I have seen a bunch of really nice non 10 tops and some really lackluster 10 tops for sure.
I thought the same exact thing. This is one of the most highly flamed non-10's have ever seen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats Jan! Frostbite is a killer finish and the Tremonti II is one of the best models PRS offers currently! :metal:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Matt! You don't, by any chance, know anyone in the DC area who does pickup changes for cheap , do you? :ugh:

I don't know what his rates are like currently as I haven't been out to see him for a few months now but when I was in Fairfax my go-to guy was Greg @ Metro Guitar Repair in Arlington (right outside DC), hit him up and ask him how much a pickup swap will cost (you can tell him you're a friend of Matt Garcia, he might hook you up on the price :D). His website is Professional Guitar Repair in the Washington DC / Arlington, Virginia Area by Metro Guitar Service, he's the only local I have ever trusted with my Thorns to give you an idea of his work. :yesway: Does amazing setups too if you need that done as well. :metal:

Actually he updated his site with prices:

Metro Guitar Repair said:
Pickup replacement / humbucker (1) $35 / (2) $50

If you're just swapping the bridge looks like it will run $35 if he doesn't need to do a setup. :)

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
I don't know what his rates are like currently as I haven't been out to see him for a few months now but when I was in Fairfax my go-to guy was Greg @ Metro Guitar Repair in Arlington (right outside DC), hit him up and ask him how much a pickup swap will cost (you can tell him you're a friend of Matt Garcia, he might hook you up on the price :D). His website is Professional Guitar Repair in the Washington DC / Arlington, Virginia Area by Metro Guitar Service, he's the only local I have ever trusted with my Thorns to give you an idea of his work. :yesway: Does amazing setups too if you need that done as well. :metal:

Actually he updated his site with prices:

If you're just swapping the bridge looks like it will run $35 if he doesn't need to do a setup. :)

That sounds great! And it's on the way to work ... sort of xD

Thanks Matt!

bulb

Reaction score
WOW!
GROEGROUS!!!1
I cant wait to play this Jan, god its beautiful! Good call on the color, ill take some pics of it with my slr for you if you want!

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
WOW!
GROEGROUS!!!1
I cant wait to play this Jan, god its beautiful! Good call on the color, ill take some pics of it with my slr for you if you want!

Thanks Meesh. Yeah, pictures would be awesome. I'll drop by when you get back from Europe and you can give her a test ride ;)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
No problem Jan! :) Btw did you get this from Chuck's? I didn't realize you could get Frostbite on non-Private Stock models.... this is putting very evil thoughts into my head (and VERY bad for my wallet... :rofl:). :D

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
No problem Jan! :) Btw did you get this from Chuck's? I didn't realize you could get Frostbite on non-Private Stock models.... this is putting very evil thoughts into my head (and VERY bad for my wallet... :rofl:). :D

Don't think you can. Custom Shop FTW!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a feeling you might say this xD

:rofl: I'm serious too! :D I looooooove me some PRS action (1 in the stable, 1 more coming my way in a few weeks once I get my taxes filed!) and since I already love the Tremonti II's I have played that finish is just too perfect! I hope you keep her for a long time but if not, you have a plan B! :wub: You won't have to worry about having the BKP removed either, I'd want that too! :lol:

iamrichlol

Doesn't afraid
Reaction score
Yeah definitely! the finish must really pop out when in direct daylight, my PRS looks pretty sweet in the right lighting

')