NGD: PRS S2 Custom 24

• Thread starter ppinkham
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ppinkham

Reaction score
'Tis awesome.

BODY

Top Wood - Asymmetric Beveled, Bookmatched Figured Maple
Back Wood - Mahogany
Color - Blue Crab Smokeburst

NECK

Number of Frets - 24
Scale Length -25"
Neck Wood - Mahogany
Fretboard Wood - Rosewood
Neck Shape Pattern - Regular
Fretboard Inlays -PRS S2 Birds

HARDWARE/ELECTRONICS

Bridge - PRS S2 Tremolo
Tuners - PRS S2 Locking Tuners
Truss Rod Cover - "Custom"
Hardware Type - Nickel
Treble Pickup - S2 HFS Treble
Bass Pickup S2 - Vintage Bass
Pickup Switching - Volume & Push/Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Pickup Switch

I've always been drawn to PRS guitars, and though I have had the opportunity to play a few over the years, none of them have grabbed me as much as this one, both aesthetically and tone-wise. It has that perfect mesh of workhorse and top-end feel. For years I was tempted to purchase an SE, and though every one I tried was pretty damned amazing, the S2 felt and sounded "right" to me. And the color of this one reminded me of my dearly-missed EVH EBMM. That guitar used to be the best guitar I have ever owned. It may be moving into second place now. Just an amazing guitar. A friend said "you could have bought to SE's for the same price," and he's absolutely right. But in my opinion, this guitar is worth more than to SE's. Could be the single best guitar purchase I've ever made. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
congrats!
love the blue crab finish, my fave in the S2 line.

liked the finish so much I had to take a pic of me playing it at a local music shop, lol:

1240657_10152445596881515_197860886_n.jpg

bouVIP

Reaction score
This blue finish is the best out of all the S2 models! Very nice guitar!

HNGD!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Saw one of these at GC today. Didn't get to play it, but it certainly looked awesome! :yesway:

noise in my mind

Reaction score
sweet guitar. I want to try one of these out soon. excuse my ignorance, but isn't the s2 supposed to be of a higher build quality to the SE?

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
sweet guitar. I want to try one of these out soon. excuse my ignorance, but isn't the s2 supposed to be of a higher build quality to the SE?

Yeah. Stripped down, basic models made in the Maryland factory without sacrificing build quality.

')