NGD PRS SC 10 Top!

• Thread starter infernalservice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
Ok this is a new to me guitar day. This week I got this 20th anniversary SC off of a stand up dude on another forum. Beautiful flame top on this one. Condition is pretty much perfect, minus some bridge tarnish and polish swirls. Anyway here is a little eye candy. The color is whale blue.
IMG_3674.jpg

prs3.jpg

prs2.jpg

I tried to get a few angles of the flame, as it looks like it has dead spots from certain angles. In person it is preet much flamed all the way through.
I am really surprised by how easy the upper fret access is on the SC body. The scallopped horn helps out a lot. The PRS heel doesn't feel too bulky, and this trem is my favorite non-locking model ever. The #6 pickups sound really good too, but I hear a burned chrome set of BKP Rebel Yell's calling my name (and credit card).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Very nice. Is the scale 24.5"?

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
I've always been a huge Whale Blue PRS fan, nice score:yesway:
the flame in the 2nd pic is gorgeous:eek:

infernalservice

Reaction score
Very nice. Is the scale 24.5"?

Nope, its actually the regular 25 inch PRS scale. Also its body is slightly thinner, like in between that of a custom 24 and regular SC, but its not weight relieved like a lot of SC's. It is a pretty heavy guitar.

infernalservice

Reaction score
I've always been a huge Whale Blue PRS fan, nice score:yesway:
the flame in the 2nd pic is gorgeous:eek:
Thanks man. As per usual pics don't really do it justice, but I think whale blue has officially replaced blue matteo as my favorite blue PRS finish. Now I just need a black gold Modern Eagle and I will be all set. Some day...

Fred

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar man, wish Custom 24s were easier to come by at a decent price over here, or that I wasn't so set on 24 frets - there are some stunning 22s out there!

infernalservice

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar man, wish Custom 24s were easier to come by at a decent price over here, or that I wasn't so set on 24 frets - there are some stunning 22s out there!
I saw a 10 top Cu24 20th Annivesary on the bay a while ago for around 1800. Pretty fair for how nice it was.

I am usually a 24 (sometimes 27) fret guy myself, but i think I like 24 frets because they make playing up to 22 easier in most instances because of how the cut on the horn is. On the prs it just feels clean and fluid all the way to 22. Also I finding that I like neck pickup tones more on 22 fret guitars these days. I almost picked up a relic charvel custom a few weeks ago that was only 21 frets, but I wussed out.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome dude. I really need to add a SC to my PRS stable. Thats a beaut. Whale Blue always equals win. Enjoy it. That top reminds me of my Cu24.

002-70.jpg

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
nice man. I was working on picking this one up, but my PRS GAS died haha.

infernalservice

Reaction score
nice man. I was working on picking this one up, but my PRS GAS died haha.
Yeah Dustin is a good dude. Easiest forum buy I have ever done. He even had it pro-packed by UPS, which is alittle extreme but I appreciate it none the less. I don't think my PRS GAS will ever fade.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
Awesome. Love me some PRSi.
Is it a W/F neck or W/T?

infernalservice

Reaction score
Awesome dude. I really need to add a SC to my PRS stable. Thats a beaut. Whale Blue always equals win. Enjoy it. That top reminds me of my Cu24.
Yeah I really want a CU24 down the road. I just found a local store selling a 20th SC with an amber 10 top and birds in flight inlays. Its a littled dinged up though and I still think whale blue wins.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I really want a CU24 down the road. I just found a local store selling a 20th SC with an amber 10 top and birds in flight inlays. Its a littled dinged up though and I still think whale blue wins.

Whale blue beats amber every time.

infernalservice

Reaction score
Awesome. Love me some PRSi.
Is it a W/F neck or W/T?
Its a W/F. First W/F I have ever played actually. It feel very Gibson like, maybe a little less rounded on the shoulders. I mostly play melodic death and it feels just fine. Coming from more metal stuff (Jackson, Caparison, BRJ) the smaller fretwire is a nice change of pace. I have an old 80's BC Rich with fretwire and a neck profile very similar to this one, oddly enough. Its sort of like coming back home in a really weird way.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a stunner :yesway:

')