NGD: PRS SE 7s mods galore!!!

• Thread starter bouVIP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Looks amazing man! Totally feeling the Esdeath vibe; good job on that front as well! Nice collection you got there ;) congrats!

EDIT: what is the symbol on the truss rod cover? I know I've seen it a lot before, but I can't remember what it is.

It's the symbol on Esdeath's chest which shouldn't be a huge spoiler or anything but just in case
It's her Teigu

OoC7aiw.png

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Aaahhh right! I actually hadn't seen it before haha it just reminded me of a geass and/or command seal (Fate), but I assumed it couldn't have been given the theme of the guitar. Really cool stuff dude!

bouVIP

Reaction score
Aaahhh right! I actually hadn't seen it before haha it just reminded me of a geass and/or command seal (Fate), but I assumed it couldn't have been given the theme of the guitar. Really cool stuff dude!

oh man a Fate themed guitar would be sick. Saber Themed = Blue quilted maple top, maple fretboard, and gold/chrome mixed hardware and maybe some Chrome Battleworn covered pickups.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That would be beautiful. I'll give that some thought, for sure, as I'm cooking up some ideas for what my next guitar could be.

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
A Saber Alter guitar palette.
You guys give me ideas.

crystallake

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I just picked up an Amethyst 7-string SE. Also grabbed a Dimarzio CL/LF set off eBay.

All because of this thread. :)

Quick questions:
-Which black locking tuners did you get? I can only find a sets of 6.
-The switch tip. Do the Fender direct replacements fit?

bouVIP

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I just picked up an Amethyst 7-string SE. Also grabbed a Dimarzio CL/LF set off eBay.

All because of this thread. :)

Quick questions:
-Which black locking tuners did you get? I can only find a sets of 6.
-The switch tip. Do the Fender direct replacements fit?

Awesome!!

I got the Hipshot Locking Tuners from sporthitech. They have sets of 7s, but these aren't direct replacements and require drilling.

Yes I'm pretty sure any switch tip will fit the prs switch.

JustinG60

Reaction score
i have the same blue SE-7 ...care to share what bridge you ended up putting on there? i want to put a black hipshot on mine but i don't know which one of the umm... 3? it is. apparently it changes depending on the curvature of the top

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
That group picture almost made me cry. I don't know the character you mentioned but I love the thought of modeling a guitar after a character or theme, great idea. Congratulations man! :)

Lickers

Destroyer of venues
Reaction score
Nice work - especially on the Amethyst. I love the look of that with black hardware.

I was going to get one but couldn't get on with the painted neck so went with the spalted instead so I could sand off the clear lacquer.

bouVIP

Reaction score
i have the same blue SE-7 ...care to share what bridge you ended up putting on there? i want to put a black hipshot on mine but i don't know which one of the umm... 3? it is. apparently it changes depending on the curvature of the top

The bridge on my blue 1 is just the stock bridge that I had powder coated to white. The black saddles are Graphtech ones. I have a standard 7 string hipshot fixed bridge (.125 base plate) on my purple one.

flaherz09

Reaction score
Dude, every one of your guitars is win. Seriously.

crystallake

Reaction score
Make your own thread mate. :lol:

OP, HNGD mate! Love the hipshot bride on your purp one. :D

And I LOVE Esdeath, so this mod is win.

Well, in my defense, it's a follow-up to my last post. I thanked the OP for this thread as it pushed me to purchase the SE 7 banger.

')