NGD- PRS SE Custom 24 7 Amethyst

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up one of these SE 7's after chatting with Aaron Marshall and Marc Rizzo. But now with my campaign to get a Mushok 7 produced, I'm holding off for awhile.

Anyway, I still might get one. Nice to see you with one though, Leonardo! :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Any noticeable difference between it and the 27" scale?

Yes the differences are huge!

27" will always sound better for a low A

25" will always sound better in the higher register

25" will always be easier to play and faster to move around on, but neck shape and frets will also play a role in playability, not just scale length

Ultimately good tone will drive you to enjoy what you are doing and therefore your playing will ultimately be more enjoyable and better because of that. If your new to 7's then always go for the shorter scale is my advice. Graduate up to a baritone once you are rehearsed well on a 7, if you want the low end to be pronounced.

I got this guitar for the 25" scale because sometimes I just wanna be able to move around faster.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
Yes the differences are huge!

27" will always sound better for a low A

25" will always sound better in the higher register

25" will always be easier to play and faster to move around on, but neck shape and frets will also play a role in playability, not just scale length

Ultimately good tone will drive you to enjoy what you are doing and therefore your playing will ultimately be more enjoyable and better because of that. If your new to 7's then always go for the shorter scale is my advice. Graduate up to a baritone once you are rehearsed well on a 7, if you want the low end to be pronounced.

I got this guitar for the 25" scale because sometimes I just wanna be able to move around faster.

I already have an Agile Septor 7(27) as my first 7 string. I basically just got a 7 because I have a 5 string bass and switching between them was difficult because of the neck differences. It was more an issue of trying to play guitar after playing the much longer and more girthy neck. The lowest I tune to is drop A, so I was just wondering about ease of intonation and similar issues. You are dead on about the neck shape, I can play way faster on this than an old telecaster neck.

I'm always up for more choices but, my biggest concern is going backwards. Now that you used to playing extended scales do you find playing the 25 slightly difficult?

')