NGD PRS type baritone 8 build

• Thread starter superstarssjc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

superstarssjc

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my new 8 string.I finished it yesterday. I wanted to build a 8 string baritone PRS type guitar. I build it 100%...It took me a while, fitting it in when life permitted.

body is: AAAA flamed maple top with alder body
neck is: 9pc wenge,purpleheart,maple w/ a pau ferro fretboard and flamed maple headstock veneer. and flamed maple truss rod cover(same as body wood)

EMG808 pickup, sperzel locking tuners, hipshot bridge, graphtec nut.
I may add a second pickup eventually.

the 29inch scale took a bit of getting used to...but nothing that a few more days of playing will fix.

Let me know what you think...Im going to start another project very soon.

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Saw it on Facebook, didn't happen to comment the finished product yet so I will on here....Dat neck. Dat neck grrl. Damn.

Seriously, looks fucking great :wub:

superstarssjc

Reaction score
Yes it is my first build. I will be building more now that I have conquered the first build. I will put a second pickup in eventually. I am open to build for other people as well. Thanks for all the the nice comments!

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice job, well done! :yesway: The headstock looks just like a Framus. 29"...interesting scale, compared to the more common 28 or 30.

superstarssjc

Reaction score
Thanks man! the headstock is actually an enlarged version of the PRS santana headstock. Im glad i didnt go with 30 inch scale the 29 puts a great deal of tension on the higher strings.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
:eek: shit dude thats gorgeous! im loving that body!! oh and the 9 pc neck aint too shabby neither :cool:

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Ooohh! That looks so noice! Great job! And, I agree with what others have said, the purpleheart wood in the neck makes it look especially killer! :yesway: How does it sound?

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
For a first build, that's one hell of a job. This thing is unbelievably gorgeous. Great job, man!

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Woa what a headstock! Big but fitting! Awesome guitar, great job! Sound examples?

Latest posts

')