NGD: Purple Doom!

• Thread starter Rokkaholic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rokkaholic

Reaction score
Sexy. What kind of deal did he give you? I have the s5528 and really want this one too!

He was awesome enough to give me a free Bare Knuckle Pickup upgrade and free shipping. Great customer service :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

j0eyaces

Reaction score
Happy NGD!! I love mine.

I think the neck is very close to a 1527 just a slight difference.. could be because I'm used to the locking hitting my thumb. Very fast smooth neck. Any ibby fan won't be disappointed. The Gilbraltar II is fine no issues I don't know why people complain about it.. people need to pick one up and see for themselves.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It's happened! Ibanez has released a guitar sexy enough to make me forgive their unfortunate naming schemes! Bring on the random letters and numbers, Ibby!

Seriously, though, I am generally not an ibanez fan, but that is unbelievably hot. Good score!

Decon87

Reaction score
One thing I always wanted to know about these guitars is if the maple top is just a veneer or an actual cap? I'm not a huge fan tone-wise of plain mahogany but I love mahogany with a maple cap.

I always loved the look of that doom burst. Only change I would make is like a semi-gloss clearcoat. When you see pics like this it doesn't quite look like it has that really shiny piano finish:

R371-2.jpg

vkw619

Inspired Beginner
Reaction score
That is amazingly beautiful, any chance we might be getting some audio/video of it soon? I'd love some high quality footage of it in action!

')