NGD!! (rare Jackson content)

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I say rare, because there weren't that many made. It has Jackson "concept" written on the headstock, which they only did for a short run of models before changing it to "professional".

Anyway, enough with the blagging - PICS!!

The box.

moto_0098.jpg

:scream:

moto_0099.jpg

moto_0100.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

moto_0101.jpg

moto_0102.jpg

moto_0104.jpg

At least Callum's happy, he got a box!

moto_0105.jpg

So, first impressions - JESUS CHRIST THAT'S A THIN NECK!!! :lol: It's seriously like paper. I mean, i'm the proud owner of an RG7620, and it's even thinner than THAT!

Haven't really played it yet tbh, as you can see I've got my son at the mo and can't do anything til mummykins comes home and I can lock myself away and shred all night!

It needs restringing, that's for sure, but as you can see it's in outstanding condition. Perfection for a guitar of this age. I'll do a wee bit of recording with it too :yesway:

:wavey:

EDIT: I'll take better pics when I have a better camera (these are with my shitty phone camera which sucks nuts)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
Sexy dude! we'll have to piss off the music stores in Cambridge at some point so i can try that out :D

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
cool guitar. I used to have a red one that i picked up at a yardsale for 50 dollars. They are great guitars.

Was the seller mental? Or did it have like... 5 machine heads missing or something? :lol: I know these aren't the most mind blowing guitars in creation, but I know they go for a damn sight more than 50 bucks.

Ruins

Reaction score
nice! congrats!!
as an ibby fan whore that i am the lower horn bothers me little bit that it's not so thin and sharp like RG but there for it has even thinner neck :metal:
looking forward for your new recordings with it.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Just pickup swaps really, maybe take the paint off and have a natural finish, undecided on that one though TBH.

Reaction score
If it's alder, go for it. If it's poplar, skip it.

As per the PU's... sounds pretty damn good to me! I was considering swapping the JB in my Soloist for a Painkiller like on my 7-string (oh yeah, just got it yesterday :fever:). But then I realized, it's nice to have variety. The Painkiller and JB both rule in their own special ways.

If you do change 'em out, may want to go with something alnico, since your 2 7's are equipped with ceramics.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
You used to see quite a few of the 1994 Concept series on eBay, but not so much now. Jackson had Dinky, Stealth and Rhoads variants in that line. The next year they became the Performer series, though the Concepts might be a little nicer, from what I remember. That's a nice one you've got.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
If it's alder, go for it. If it's poplar, skip it.

As per the PU's... sounds pretty damn good to me! I was considering swapping the JB in my Soloist for a Painkiller like on my 7-string (oh yeah, just got it yesterday :fever:). But then I realized, it's nice to have variety. The Painkiller and JB both rule in their own special ways.

If you do change 'em out, may want to go with something alnico, since your 2 7's are equipped with ceramics.

Make that one 7 :lol: I sold the 7321 a couple of weeks ago! But yeah, I'm going with JB bridge, hot rails neck, cool rails middle :yesway:

You used to see quite a few of the 1994 Concept series on eBay, but not so much now. Jackson had Dinky, Stealth and Rhoads variants in that line. The next year they became the Performer series, though the Concepts might be a little nicer, from what I remember. That's a nice one you've got.

Yeah man i know this word gets thrown around a lot but it's ACTUALLY "mint". Like... the strings are a bit old, but apart from that it could pass for a new guitar. It's as if they just had it in the case since they bought it :scratch: There's not even any buckle rash or light scratches on the back or ANY thing!

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
That guitar is slamming man!
I love the Jackson headstock, so metal:shred:

ET Guitars

Luthier
Reaction score
Yes they have such wafer thin necks!!! They're about as thin as Ibanez original Wizard necks, maybe a mickey hair thinner.

The first guitar I bought (before going Ibanez crazy) was a JDR94 Concept, its the same color as yours, but has a humbucker in neck and was the model in the series that had the reverse headstock. Mine also says Concept on the headstock. Good find and enjoy!

')