NGD!! (rare Jackson content)

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
The first guitar I bought (before going Ibanez crazy) was a JDR94 Concept, its the same color as yours, but has a humbucker in neck and was the model in the series that had the reverse headstock. Mine also says Concept on the headstock. Good find and enjoy!

haha I very very nearly got that very same guitar instead of this one, but i was out-bid by £5 :lol: I carried on trawling eBay anyway and came across this one about half an hour later!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
+1 on the crazy necks on these. My Stealth blows my mind every time I try to play something else. Haha :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice score! I've always liked that color too. I knew someone that had a Charvel in that same color. :metal:

Inazone

Reaction score
I have three of the fixed-bridge basswood model, the Concept JDX-94. The necks are just insane on these guitars, and the used prices are impossible to beat for a Japanese guitar that's begging to be modded. I have one with a Dan Lawrence snakeskin finish, Duncan JB and locking Sperzels, and another with a fabric camo finish, an Invader and Sperzels that I use for recording.

One interesting thing is that some had raw or oiled necks, but others had clearcoat. I've owned five of them over the years, and it was a mix of necks, although all with the same profile.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I had myself this baby for a bit
100_5350.jpg

Like you said, the Neck just is FANTASTICALLY THIN.... But, i gave it up because I just didn't like the scale length...

Inazone

Reaction score
What the hell, here's a pic of my GMW-modded Concept. They'd never done a snakeskin "up the middle" like that before, so it's pretty unique. Custom green abalone inlays too. The fretboard is some of the darkest rosewood I've ever seen.

jdx-full.jpg

jdx-body.jpg

I've read in numerous places that only 600 of these were made, but I don't know if that's the entire Concept series or 600 of each model. Regardless, all were made in Japan, while some of the Performers that followed were produced in Korea somewhere during their run.

Grievous

Reaction score
I can't believe jsut how awesome these concepts are - especially for the money they go for! I scored a black JDR-94 in good condition for $200 AUD (about 150 us) on ebay a while back - expecting it to be a cheap beater that looked wicked. To my surprise it outplays almost all of my guitars! I agree with everyone here about the neck - mines unfinished, just oiled, its amazingly good to play.

For some reason the previous owner had put in some old BC Rich pups - they arent bad at all.

Anyone know if they're all basswood or were some alder?

')