NGD RC7 Nuclear Slime

• Thread starter ScornEmperor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScornEmperor

Reaction score
One of the semi-customs that the Dean USA shop does. Nuclear slime burst on flame maple w/ maple fretboard and xenocide inlays. This one had been on ebay and some other sites for a while and I finally decided to pick it up. The RC7s are one of my favorite builds.

This brings me to 9 guitars now and I've got 4 more on order. The collection grows!

2014-04-22%2014.00.21.jpg

2014-04-22%2014.00.27.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Beautiful! I bet it plays even better than it looks!

Though I'm not huge on what Dean did with the upper horn. I liked the way it looked with just the bottom scooped like a motherfvcker.

lettmusic

Reaction score
wow, how does it sound and play compare to your black Wraith? Obviously the maple neck will give it a much brighter tone?
Still waiting for ZZounds to exchange my defective white Wraith. Love these RC7s.

ScornEmperor

Reaction score
wow, how does it sound and play compare to your black Wraith? Obviously the maple neck will give it a much brighter tone?
Still waiting for ZZounds to exchange my defective white Wraith. Love these RC7s.

The black one is a USA xenocide RC7. Same price as the new one. Basically the same guitar, except for the slightly different bridge configuration, the new thinner upper horn on the new one.

The black one has a 18 volt mod, although I don't think there's a huge difference in pickup performance, really.

I prefer the look and feel of maple, although I had the black one treated with tung oil along the neck. I want to do the same thing with the new one.

lettmusic

Reaction score
The black one is a USA xenocide RC7. Same price as the new one. Basically the same guitar, except for the slightly different bridge configuration, the new thinner upper horn on the new one.

The black one has a 18 volt mod, although I don't think there's a huge difference in pickup performance, really.

I prefer the look and feel of maple, although I had the black one treated with tung oil along the neck. I want to do the same thing with the new one.

Have you AB it with the black X? I personally prefer the brightness of maple. How does the Tung oil work? I really love the gunstock oil treatment on my EBMM JP6, it's a natural wood feel that is just smooth but not slick like finished necks.

Ludo95

Reaction score
Both RC7s looks great dude. HNGD!!
Also that EBMM JP on the left looks cool :agreed::agreed:
:cheers:

SandyRavage

Reaction score
Dime slime is literally the best color ever. Although that guitar is towards the bottom of my list aesthetics wise that finish looks incredible on her.

')