[NGD] Regius 7 Custom

• Thread starter phonix
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phonix

Reaction score
Never thought I'd actually own one of these but a great deal came up locally that I couldn't say no to. It's a standard spec Regius 7 with faded blue jeans finish, gloss clear coat, maple wings.

I'm the third owner, and the first apparently swapped out the original bridge pickup for a pegasus. Thing is I found they didn't install it right, using bolts that were too small for the Mayones retention system. Wasn't really planning surgery on my new purchase, but I fixed it all up today and enjoyed playing it properly for the first time tonight!

A few pics of the repair process

You can see the too small screws on the left. No idea why they did this. They also forgot to use springs under the pickup.

Bought new screws (M3, 15mm) but could only find silver. No worries, painted them with satin epoxy and baked with heatgun till dry. Also grabbed some black springs of the correct length/diameter.

Drilled out pickup bracket holes to 3mm

Going back in

Like new!

Outdoor shots once all back together, Excuse quality, light wasn't great late in the afternoon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phonix

Reaction score
Thanks man, I've no real way to record at the moment apart from with a cellphone. Moving to a AxeFX soon to give my wife a break haha so will do then, but it's a massive wall of sound. Great articulation (pegasus is better than I expected) and when playing clean, the '59 in the neck does a great job conveying the voice of the wood. Build quality is like nothing I've seen before, you feel like you're playing a piece of artwork rather than a guitar!

dirtool

Reaction score
the color of the top is really om nom nom

DarkNe0

Reaction score
ok, so who takes responsibility of my GAS? because my wallet seems to be unable to do so at the moment.

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
Mayones looks like they are comfy guitars, easy to play with.
I have never played one before but I bet my ass they are (I mean, with that price)

phonix

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm loving this thing!

AndruwX - yes it's very comfortable. The neck is perfect for me, a wide flat C, and although some find the non carved/curved top causes the edge to dig into their forearm I am not experiencing this. It's got some weight to it, however, but that's expected I guess.

')