NGD: Reverse Headstock Jackson Content

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picked this up recently since I just couldn't pass up the fr00t color and to have a younger sister to my CS7 with another reverse headstock SL2H. I believe it was a Jackson Custom Shop run on JCF and this one belonged to MikerNaut.

Anyways I got it two days ago - installed EMGs 81/85 (I know I know) and gave it a crazy setup with 9-42 in E standard. It's so damn fast and shreddy. I'm just not enjoying the 81 in the bridge and will be swapping the 85 into the bridge and have put the 81 up for trade. Let's see how that goes.

Here are some pics that I took today in the sunlight hoping to highlight the paint color. It's extremely hard to get the color since it's a metallic flake absinthe frost color and just looks a lot better in person.

I have nicknamed this the Hulk and will be working to get purple components for it soon :lol:

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Hey I know that guitar! :lol::hbang:

Congrats, Mesh. Yeah, that was from a run of 10 guitars I put together over at the JCF with Matt's Music. Absinthe Frost finish with matching painted headstocks. Then Abalone inlays and "Jackson" logo. All the green I could get :)

5 had normal headstocks and 5 with reverse.

The headstock picture is a pretty good representation of the color in person.

Hah ,are those still the original green pickup rings? I could only find tall versions and had to hand sand them down with sanding paper and it took forever as I don't own a power sander. :lol:

It's a killer axe, I just always end up with too many guitars and have to set some free occasionally when I GAS for something else.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey I know that guitar! :lol::hbang:

Congrats, Mesh. Yeah, that was from a run of 10 guitars I put together over at the JCF with Matt's Music. Absinthe Frost finish with matching painted headstocks. Then Abalone inlays and "Jackson" logo. All the green I could get :)

5 had normal headstocks and 5 with reverse.

The headstock picture is a pretty good representation of the color in person.

Hah ,are those still the original green pickup rings? I could only find tall versions and had to hand sand them down with sanding paper and it took forever as I don't own a power sander. :lol:

It's a killer axe, I just always end up with too many guitars and have to set some free occasionally when I GAS for something else.

Yup - I was going to pM you regarding the rings since I saw they were hand finished. Great guitar - definitely a player now that I've set it up for low action with 9-42 in E. It's a great compliment to the 7.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
The greatest feature about this guitar is the fact that it can't be narrowed down to one specific feature that makes it great.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I need another Soloist one of these days. I miss mine every time I see a photo of one. They've got the perfect superstrat look and feel.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need another Soloist one of these days. I miss mine every time I see a photo of one. They've got the perfect superstrat look and feel.

:agreed:

My first great 6 stringer was a Jackson Soloist and I missed it dearly when I sold it to start getting into 7s. It feels good to have one again.

blister7321

Reaction score
i love the absinthe frost finish on guitars with black bevels
so its no surprise that that thing is hot
id suggest purple speed knobs and pup rings

iff

Reaction score
I seriously came into this thread and said out loud "MMM! That's awesome!"

Reaction score
Swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt. :hbang::bowdown::yesway: The green is a tad hmph :squint:, but still a sicko ricko axe.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
that color is pretty insane, but i really dig the guitar. Gotta love USA custom shop guitars of any kind :hbang:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Damn, you and your epic Jacksons...

Love that colour, and the abalone is sweeeet.

I was gunna say about the pickups, I'd probably go for black pickup rings tbh, but minor detail.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
:lol:

Keep the green pup rings and get purple bobbin covers for a passive pickup of your choice! Or spray those EMG's downnnn.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
The only part I hate about ss.org is that everybody has such amazing guitars :(

Nice purchase dude! :hbang::hbang:

')