NGD/Review: One-off JP custom guitars 7 [Designed/Made in Portugal]

• Thread starter ExhumedShadow
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Love almost everything about it; shape, wood choice, choice of finish, choice of hardware (though I'd love a trem), placement of knobs and switches and the craftmanship looks amazing!

Thanks for sharing man and happy new guitar life :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I love that guitar. The body shape is really interesting and it definitely appeals to my eye a lot more than some of the other customs that I've seen floating arou d here.

Reaction score
Hallo

I'm currently in a Benelux trip, just logged in to thank you guys and to watch some pics, miss her ;p
I'll be sure to post some more on this beauty once I return.

Cheers

MBMoreno

Reaction score
That guitar is awesome... Really something. (But it also reminds-me why I don't like glossy finishes, but to each, his own.)

I good to see some Portuguese work, and JP has some works to die for. I also helped with my seven, but that was made on the other side of the country!

Enjoy it!

Reaction score
A little too much going on in terms of trying to be 5 different guitars.... (5 awesome guitars mind you :lol:) But I still like it :)

A JP/Vik/Daemoness/Jackson/KxK Hybrid :lol:

Well, I guess I'm happy I didn't state all the other influences I took or it would be "trying to be 12 different guitars" ahah

No really, appart from the headstock that is more or less a direct approach on the kxk inline design, everything else is based on not copied, like I said there where no blueprints, I tooks ideias from existing guitars just as much as all the brands we mentioned did =)

Damn dude that clear coat is polished and buffed to perfection. Shiny and clear as hell.
That top is also really cool vs the multiple tiny flames most guitars usually have. The big flame really sets it off.

Thanks, the man has the patience of a monge.
Right on, I'm not a big fan of the typical close grain, tiger skin like, pattern on most flamed tops.
I went for the curly redwood, for the sound, it's a thick top so you can tell it's there and affecting the sound positively, but also because I LOVE the wavy pattern, it has a silky appearance, way more 3d looking and appealing than your average flamed maple.

Mordecai

Reaction score
this thins is damn near perfect IMHO!, i love the look of the Jp7/deamoness guitars.

eventuate

Reaction score
I read one-off JP in the title and thought you somehow acquired some one of a kind EBMM JP7.

I scrolled down and saw it was from Portugal and was slightly disappointed that it wasn't the above.

I continued scrolling and was not disappointed anymore. Congrats man, the finish looks stunning.

Edit: Also...26 frets?

Reaction score
I read one-off JP in the title and thought you somehow acquired some one of a kind EBMM JP7.

I scrolled down and saw it was from Portugal and was slightly disappointed that it wasn't the above.

I continued scrolling and was not disappointed anymore. Congrats man, the finish looks stunning.

Edit: Also...26 frets?

Hi, I'm glad it turned up not to be a letdown =)

Yeah 26 frets indeed, 26' scale lenght and 26 frets.

There's a pretty simple logic behind this, I downtune to A so I'd lose a couple of notes, having 26 frets grants me those high Eb and e.

While we are at it:
The 26' scale option comes from a couple of calculations based on tension, tuning and string gauge, it's my way of fine tuning the tension, loseness/tighness of the string to my taste.

Cheers!

Latest posts

')