NGD RG1527 RB (for Floyd Rose virgin and 52k joke added)

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Sup, i got this baby in mail yesterday and all i have is problems. This is my first guitar with floyd and i have few questions to ask! Im tuning it to Drop A (A-D-A-D-G-B-E).

I threw in .010-.060 strings (.010-.052+.060)

main.php
main.php
main.php
main.php
Neck<3
main.php
main.php

Heres's what i've done today:
main.php

Perfect!

main.php

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Might need some new springs, looks like. Also, it will fall out of tune for the first couple of days if the strings aren't stretched properly.

Coffee Elf

Reaction score
Your bridge is way too high. See the little rectangular slot on the side? That should be parallel with the face of the guitar.

You need more tension on the springs, but it looks like your spring claw is screwed in all the way. You could try angling the two outer springs in, but I'm guessing that won't be enough. Try it anyway--unhook the outers springs on the loop end, and move them toward the center.

I'm guessing you'll need more springs, or shorter springs, though.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Yeah, its just pretty stupid that eaven Prestige ibby cant handle any more than factory strings! I think i need to get these guys GLDO TREMOLO FEDER EXTRA HARD - Thomann Verkkokauppa ? Can i just add stiffer springs with the stock ones or do i need to replace them all?

Mine handles them fine :scratch: Have you tried adjusting the springs at all? Or maybe just putting them in a V formation.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Mine handles them fine :scratch: Have you tried adjusting the springs at all? Or maybe just putting them in a V formation.
As you can se the spring claw is screw'n all up to the wood. What kind of strings do you have and do you have them in /|\?

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
I have the springs in V now and it didnt help too much. I think i need to get a new spring to this

alvaro

... dat chugga
Reaction score
those springs are obnoxiously long, also look at the spring claw: there is no more room to adjust them. Cut then or get new
[COLOR=#336666 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important][/FONT][/COLOR]

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
As you can se the spring claw is screw'n all up to the wood. What kind of strings do you have and do you have them in /|\?

I have 10s on and it's in III formation, I guess whoever you bought this off replaced the springs or something, mine's only screwed in a fraction more than when it was first stringed up new. :shrug:

astm

Reaction score
I had some little problems when I changed the strings of my RG1527 from .009 (d'addario) to .010 (Ernie Ball, RS). The problem was fixed by adding just one spring, all straight (It's put IXIII)

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
I had some little problems when I changed the strings of my RG1527 from .009 (d'addario) to .010 (Ernie Ball, RS). The problem was fixed by adding just one spring, all straight (It's put IXIII)
Nice to hear! :bowdown: I'll post results when i have 4th spring installed!

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, its just pretty stupid that eaven Prestige ibby cant handle any more than factory strings! I think i need to get these guys GLDO TREMOLO FEDER EXTRA HARD - Thomann Verkkokauppa ? Can i just add stiffer springs with the stock ones or do i need to replace them all?

3 stiffer springs will probably work well, or 4 regular springs. You can have more than 3 in there. I usually replace at least enough to keep the tension symmetrical. I run 2 stiff springs outside and 1 lighter inside to get my trem tight feeling but very functional. I run 10-46 at standard though.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
3 stiffer springs will probably work well, or 4 regular springs. You can have more than 3 in there. I usually replace at least enough to keep the tension symmetrical. I run 2 stiff springs outside and 1 lighter inside to get my trem tight feeling but very functional. I run 10-46 at standard though.

:agreed: Your springs are too long, get new springs of any variety. Try with 3 first in a /|\ pattern, then 4 if you are not happy.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
A fully functional quick fix: If you're skillful enough to handle pliers in your both hands, you can also just cut 0,5-1cm off of each spring and twist the last circle so that it'll become the "hook". This is what i did to both of my 7's and haven't faced any complications.

You'd better get it right though if you don't have any spare springs at hand :)

Yaris

Beaver Sack #2
Reaction score
When I got my 7620 I put in a 10-52 set with an added 60 and I had to add a fourth spring. I would have put in 5 but the Tremol-no only allows for 4.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
A fully functional quick fix: If you're skillful enough to handle pliers in your both hands, you can also just cut 0,5-1cm off of each spring and twist the last circle so that it'll become the "hook". This is what i did to both of my 7's and haven't faced any complications.

You'd better get it right though if you don't have any spare springs at hand :)

A decent alternative, this will work btw OP (incase you think he is off).

')