NGD: RG2228A, AKA my first 8 string...

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
So I'm the new kid on the 8 string block...I ended up grabbing a RG2228A because I've had a morbid hankering to get on the bandwagon and I had some cash burning an RG sized hole in my wallet. Loving this thing...I'd waffled over what to get for the better part of the last 4 months, this thing is killing, had a couple of slight set up issues out of the gate but I took care of them and it really plays itself. In fact I think it might be more handfriendly than the 2 1527's I have. Interestingly enough I was tracking some 6 string stuff today after playing the 8 for about 3 hours...what a difference after playing the wider board...I think I actually prefer the 8 to everything else. It figures...now I need MOAR ATES! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
images

There is something incredibly wrong with this thread, let's see if you can figure it out.

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
#ExtremeLurking is a full contact sport. What are pictures? LOL. I'll get some up in a few dude...I mean it's none more black but....hahaha.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Love the passive routes and new headstock, but damn I miss the galaxy black. you could always sprinkle some glitter on that bish though, so happy NGD bro!

Diggy

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice.. I kinda wish I'd held out for the 2228A passive option.

What's different about this headstock versus the original on the 2228? Is it a lil longer or something?

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
Dayn, yeah they are cool. Über functional. I love the fact that there's more than enough play on the fine tuner on the low F# to bring it down to E with no issue...

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Nice guitar, thinking of ditching my EMG'd RG2228 for one of these but i do wonder why Ibanez ditched the Galaxy black paint.

That sparkly black stuff was the SHIT. :cool:

Latest posts