NGD - RG8L (with pickguard n info on whr 2 order it.. )

• Thread starter Khai H8drusH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
Hi guys. Pics long overdue :)

Sound clips will be uploaded when the hd500x is acquired. :shred: Mods include a killswitch, volume knob occupying where the tone knob used to be, white automobile pinstripe tape as faux binding, DA8 pups, Schaller straplocks, 3-ply red tortoise pickguard ( i ordered the blank sheet from Vanson Guitars at ebay). Strings are 0.084 heavy gauge alongside 0.062 (both by labella) n 11-48s carl mangan pure nickels.

As for the pickguard, it was done by the great guys at Guitar Workshop, a local guitar shop. They take paypal payment so as for the peeps wanting the pickguard done, do email them at gwi@pacific.net.sg. :yesway:

ede9.jpg

arn4.jpg

h74s.jpg

qgah.jpg

sgjn.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wigger

Reaction score
It looks really great!!

Were you able to fit the 0.084 string without having to expand the tuning peg hole? And did it also fit into the the nut's groove without any problem?

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
It looks really great!!

Were you able to fit the 0.084 string without having to expand the tuning peg hole? And did it also fit into the the nut's groove without any problem?

Thks, dude. To answer ur qn, I used labella's hrs electric guitar string customed to the rg8's fretboard length so its kinda tapered at the end, thus able to fit nicely into the std tuning peg hole. The nut groove, however, needed a bit of filing to accomodate the 0.084 string. Hope the info helps. :yesway:

stuglue

Reaction score
Hi mate, that looks cool. I wonder if they'd do a pickguard for my lefty Esp 208?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
very nice. lefties ftw :hbang:

how did you attach the pickguard? I dont see any screws.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
One of the nicer looking RG8's I've seen:yesway: Carry on.

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
28s780w.jpg

There we go... now us righties can appreciate it more too :)

Love the color scheme!

Thks, mate. Actually the shop staff tried staining the fretboard with minwax ebony stain but the stain juz wldnt stick despite leaving the coat to dry for at least 2 hours. After 2 unsuccessful tries, he gaf up altogether. Thoughts on what cld haf gone wrong? Bad stain, perhaps? :scratch:

Latest posts

')