NGD: RGA 8 - lots of pics!

• Thread starter Bboren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mountainjam

Reaction score
No clue :squint:, but I thought I would let yall know, I just ordered a set of BKP Aftermaths for this beast :fawk:.

Dude great choice. I've got a set right here that was supposed to go in the guitar as well

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

demigod

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha XD lol I'm actually saving up for a pair of 808x's. Hopefully that will happen sometime before the end of the year :shred::hbang:

Levi79

Reaction score
You have to upload clips with the Aftermaths in it. I'm not asking, I'm telling.

mountainjam

Reaction score
still waiting on them though :wallbash:

these sure would like nice filling in the gaps around your aftermaths :cool:
2011-07-05_20-08-44_594.jpg

mountainjam

Reaction score
Tempting, but I think I'm drawn to the idea of active style covers painted purple :lol:. So thats probably what's going to happen haha.

Fair enough dude! Guess ill just head to the classifieds then.

Lothar

Reaction score
Tempting, but I think I'm drawn to the idea of active style covers painted purple :lol:. So thats probably what's going to happen haha.

I'm planning to paint mine 808x in a light green/white whirlpool :)

iiDaBoss

Reaction score
Hey, I just got the same guitar and its amazing quality (minus the PU's and EQ switch *facepalms*) But I'm having some second thoughts personally. I can play the guitar just fine (learning berzerker by after the burial without too much difficulty...) but the thought of not really using it for all of the 6 string stuff that I've learned over the 2.5 years ive played is kindof disconcerting. Are you having any second thoughts? If anyone kinda knows what I mean, some input would be appreciated.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
Hey, I just got the same guitar and its amazing quality (minus the PU's and EQ switch *facepalms*) But I'm having some second thoughts personally. I can play the guitar just fine (learning berzerker by after the burial without too much difficulty...) but the thought of not really using it for all of the 6 string stuff that I've learned over the 2.5 years ive played is kindof disconcerting. Are you having any second thoughts? If anyone kinda knows what I mean, some input would be appreciated.

I know what you're getting at, did you go from 6 string to 8 string? I went to a 7 string for about 6 months before getting my 8. I my 7 tuned to drop Ab for most of the time and finally decided it was time to get an 8. It really hasn't affected me after getting used to my 7 string and now I go between 6, 7, and 8 with no problems. It's easier to treat them as different instruments altogether and I tend to write and play a little differently on each of them. Just give it time, plus only playing for 2.5 years I imagine it seems like a pretty big change. Some of us have played 6 strings for a good amount of time before moving on to extended range instruments. It really does help getting used to an 8 string if you can switch between that and your old guitars. If you just play the 8 string and that's it, it can get a little overwhelming sometimes.

AgileKid

Reaction score
hey, just wondering why you didnt buy a Agile 8 string? i just got a 7 from them. It's my first 7 but im in love with these guitars now.

iiDaBoss

Reaction score
I know what you're getting at, did you go from 6 string to 8 string? I went to a 7 string for about 6 months before getting my 8. I my 7 tuned to drop Ab for most of the time and finally decided it was time to get an 8. It really hasn't affected me after getting used to my 7 string and now I go between 6, 7, and 8 with no problems. It's easier to treat them as different instruments altogether and I tend to write and play a little differently on each of them. Just give it time, plus only playing for 2.5 years I imagine it seems like a pretty big change. Some of us have played 6 strings for a good amount of time before moving on to extended range instruments. It really does help getting used to an 8 string if you can switch between that and your old guitars. If you just play the 8 string and that's it, it can get a little overwhelming sometimes.

Yea I did go from a 6 to an 8. I really dont find it hard to play I just feel like maybe I should have spent the money on an epic 6 string. Now however I probably wont be able to afford another (good) guitar for at least a few months.

The main thing that worries me - will I be satisfied with this guitar a few months from now? Thanks again dude, its good to know someone understands what I mean.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
hey, just wondering why you didnt buy a Agile 8 string? i just got a 7 from them. It's my first 7 but im in love with these guitars now.

Honestly It would have been a draw whether I was going to buy an Agile 8 or an Ibanez 8 because I love both companies! I chose the Ibanez because I got it at American Musical where I got a 3 month no interest payment plan! I'm still in college so I don't a ton of money to blow at one time. The payment plan helped me tremendously! It turns out that I really love the RGA, so I am completely happy!

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
Yea I did go from a 6 to an 8. I really dont find it hard to play I just feel like maybe I should have spent the money on an epic 6 string. Now however I probably wont be able to afford another (good) guitar for at least a few months.

The main thing that worries me - will I be satisfied with this guitar a few months from now? Thanks again dude, its good to know someone understands what I mean.

I think the only thing you won't be satisfied with is the pickups. I already ordered Aftermaths for mine which should be here this week. I own an excellent 6 string, 7 string and now an 8 string and I know that I am set for a good while. You can always save up and buy another good 6 string. I had a pretty crappy 6 string when I bought my 7. I ended up getting an excellent 6 string next and now the 8. Don't get down because you got a nice 8 string instead of a nice 6 string. I suggest keep it and get a nice 6 string in a few months :).

iiDaBoss

Reaction score
I think the only thing you won't be satisfied with is the pickups. I already ordered Aftermaths for mine which should be here this week. I own an excellent 6 string, 7 string and now an 8 string and I know that I am set for a good while. You can always save up and buy another good 6 string. I had a pretty crappy 6 string when I bought my 7. I ended up getting an excellent 6 string next and now the 8. Don't get down because you got a nice 8 string instead of a nice 6 string. I suggest keep it and get a nice 6 string in a few months :).

Alright, yea i think thats what i'll do. How much are the aftermaths you ordered?

')