NGD: RGA 8 - lots of pics!

• Thread starter Bboren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
It sounds like I added two tone knobs both turned to 11! :hbang: Now just waiting on my covers that I'm going to paint purple!

bd3f99f9.jpg
be4e4d39.jpg
2931bcb2.jpg
d269ea9d.jpg
c06ecdb7.jpg
c51410f8.jpg
f929ad69.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

demigod

Reaction score
Dude, use the old pickups' cover (after youve opened them) and put it over the aftermaths then post pics of how the stock pickups look inside...please?:idea:

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
Dude, use the old pickups' cover (after youve opened them) and put it over the aftermaths then post pics of how the stock pickups look inside...please?:idea:

The old pickups are sealed as one piece, thats why I had to order some plastic covers.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
Reaction score
I posted this clip in the recording studio section but figured some of you might not see it. I made this little song last night and it's the first decent clip I've recorded with the Aftermaths. I think they sound pretty good considering I haven't actually made an Axe Fx patch specifically for them!

Aerial Escape - (RGA8, BKP Aftermaths, Axe Fx Mix) by Barry Boren on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

That sounds interesting. I'm doing some similar stuff blending electronica elements with my 8 strings. What VST are you using?

Animus

Reaction score
What online vendor currently has the 2011 model in stock? I can't really tell the difference.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
That sounds interesting. I'm doing some similar stuff blending electronica elements with my 8 strings. What VST are you using?

Just the stock ones that came with Ableton Live Intro :lol:

I know American musical supply had them when I bought mine, not sure if they do now or not.

geofreesun

Reaction score
I posted this clip in the recording studio section but figured some of you might not see it. I made this little song last night and it's the first decent clip I've recorded with the Aftermaths. I think they sound pretty good considering I haven't actually made an Axe Fx patch specifically for them!

Aerial Escape - (RGA8, BKP Aftermaths, Axe Fx Mix) by Barry Boren on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

i dig the tone man, how much of it would you credit the axe fx? i have an agile with coldsweats, but i figure i really need an axe fx to achieve the same kinda tone... i have a gsp1101 now, got some cool patches and IRs but something is lacking there...

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
i dig the tone man, how much of it would you credit the axe fx? i have an agile with coldsweats, but i figure i really need an axe fx to achieve the same kinda tone... i have a gsp1101 now, got some cool patches and IRs but something is lacking there...

Probably 90 % honestly. You should've heard my recordings when I used pod farm :). I'm pretty bad at tweaking and these are some of the best metal tones I've gotten out of it yet. So you can see that it could be 10x better than it is now. The thing is I've had the Axe Fx for about 5 months and still haven't scratched the surface tone wise. I'm slowly figuring it out and progressing though! :agreed:

ThatBrownFella

Reaction score
'grats, i was pretty worried about the pickups too. Would really like to try out some BKP aftermaths in the bridge and coldsweats in the neck. Not even sure if they are available as 8's yet. GOD DAM IT NEED MONEEYYY!!!!!!

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
'grats, i was pretty worried about the pickups too. Would really like to try out some BKP aftermaths in the bridge and coldsweats in the neck. Not even sure if they are available as 8's yet. GOD DAM IT NEED MONEEYYY!!!!!!

Yea, both are! Petey G from Red Seas Fire has some cold sweats in his rga8!

AbanD

Reaction score
Congrats man:shred::shred::shred:
Has bought the same monster, has changed pickups on EMG808X.
As a result has received the excellent tool.

AbanD

Reaction score
Cool guitar....
I like mine RGA8, on record it is possible to achieve good result of sounding, after replacement of pickups certainly.
I ask to estimate result...

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The old pickups are sealed as one piece, thats why I had to order some plastic covers.

Where did you find plastic covers that size? I've been looking for something like that for a while and I could usually only find 6 or 7 string passived sized "EMG style" pup covers.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
Where did you find plastic covers that size? I've been looking for something like that for a while and I could usually only find 6 or 7 string passived sized "EMG style" pup covers.

I believe these are the correct ones. Got Guitar Parts? : Guitar Jones USA

I found out about them in that 8 string active to passive mega thread. They are the same size as the stock pickups or EMGs you just have to do a little trimming off of the bottom to make them fit height wise. I think the 35 model is the one for 7 string pickups.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
If you are looking into buying an RGA8 all I can say is a set of 10-46+60+80 strings and a good intonation make it sound and play about 10x better! The 60 and 80 don't intonate perfectly all the way, but they get close enough to not notice! Boy I'm in love all over again!

Latest posts

')