NGD! RGA8

• Thread starter Chonker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chonker

Reaction score
I know you shouldn't put them near the radiator, but I've nowhere else to put 'em :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
finally ordered mine today. should be here in two or three days and will post some pics then. will make it a custom project though. have some nice things in mind, 'cause i simply can't get into a black glossy finish. want some natural type of stuff.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
It's guitars like this one, that makes me happy I can do some rudimentary modding myself. I picked up a RG7321 some time ago, and after a good setup, and some steel wool love on the neck, it played just as nice as a Prestige. I plan on doing the exact same thing here!

But then again; Should I get this one, or an RGA7, or a Carvin, or that new Washburn 7 or GODDAMNIT SO MANY GOOD GUITARS BEING RELEASED THIS YEAR GODDAMNIT

Reaction score
It's guitars like this one, that makes me happy I can do some rudimentary modding myself. I picked up a RG7321 some time ago, and after a good setup, and some steel wool love on the neck, it played just as nice as a Prestige. I plan on doing the exact same thing here!

But then again; Should I get this one, or an RGA7, or a Carvin, or that new Washburn 7 or GODDAMNIT SO MANY GOOD GUITARS BEING RELEASED THIS YEAR GODDAMNIT

Please elaborate, sir. I wish to know these skills.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
It's actually really simple:

You just take one of those kitchen sponges with that really wimpy steel-wool-ish stuff on one side, and give it a quick sanding with it. Alternately some 1000 grain sandpaper is fine too. The operation takes about 5 minutes, and afterwards the neck has that satin-y feeling the prestige series have. I was really quite astounded at how easy it was, to get a cheap guitar "upgraded" like that.

Reaction score
You and I are going to have some serious mod discussion when you get your 7620. ;)

Well then text me back, buddy ;)

Yeah, I've never really been properly informed about mods and the like until I joined this site. I've been here a little over a year, and while my knowledge in that realm has greatly improved, I'm still a n00b.

HANIAK

Reaction score
That guitar is amazing!! And the price is very tempting, also! GGGAAASSS

Guitarwiz2k

Prog Metal /Jazz Fusion
Reaction score
I know you shouldn't put them near the radiator, but I've nowhere else to put 'em :(

I was wondering and hoping that sometime soon you could post something on youtube or somewhere, so we can get a bit of an idea what this new axe sounds like; Especially a differnce with that eq switch on or off.

I have to wait till after Feb 5th to get mine, I just ordered one last night...:shred:

Here's what I saw on Ibanez site for the eq.

RGAACTIVEEQ.jpg

Congratulations again man...:hbang:

Chonker

Reaction score
I'll try and sort out a demonstration for the EQ when I get home from work, it's pretty subtle but I prefer it on the EQ on position, makes it shound 'bigger' to me (though i'm far from the most knowledgable on such things).

Chonker

Reaction score
Also I noticed an annoying thing yesterday, it came with a set of 3 allen keys and none of them are the size required for the locking nut!

Guitarwiz2k

Prog Metal /Jazz Fusion
Reaction score
It's seems funny, but they sometimes don't send out the right ones for any of their guitars. Then again, if you got it at your local dealer he may have just threw some in there realizing that you'll need one. Sometimes that happens here in the US, where the dealers take things out of the box, but don't put back all that it came with.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Also I noticed an annoying thing yesterday, it came with a set of 3 allen keys and none of them are the size required for the locking nut!

Mine came with 4, one of which is the right size, sorry to say it but it seems like you're missing one man :(

I just ordered a couple of new strings for mine, I have some 6 string sets of .010 -.052's at home, and I just ordered some .060's for the B, and a couple of .080's for the F#. Reason for doing this? Nolly just broke one of my strings :lol:

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Nolly, that son of a bitch! He owns a Blackmachine, yet he still feels as if he needs to stomp all over the countryside and break other people's guitars just to make them feel even worse about themselves...

Chonker

Reaction score
Mine came with 4, one of which is the right size, sorry to say it but it seems like you're missing one man :(

I just ordered a couple of new strings for mine, I have some 6 string sets of .010 -.052's at home, and I just ordered some .060's for the B, and a couple of .080's for the F#. Reason for doing this? Nolly just broke one of my strings :lol:

Cool, though they're some pretty scarey guages dude! I've got a 0.060" and a 0.080" on my 6 string with a 25.5" scale and it's pretty tight, going to be hard to bend those suckers on 27" i'd think. I'm interested to see how you get on though as i think i have some more bass strings lying around.

I think I read somewhere that a 0.080" is a struggle to get through the bridge clamp? (from an RG2228 thread, they might have fixed it)

they didn't fit in here very good either!

4195254042_e859198bef_b.jpg

')