NGD: RGIR28FE WH!

Caelumamittendum

Reaction score
Look what the cat dragged in! There were some trouble under way when the postal service for a while didn't know where the package really was, but in the end it showed up.

My first Ibanez and my first 8 string! I've not seen too many white ones around of these:

IMG_9778_zpsdfcea190.jpg

IMG_9779_zps4c9ddc09.jpg

IMG_9780_zpsd8ed97e3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
I really like the look of these. Love the contrast between the dark fretboard and binding and the pure white body and headstock.

Classy axe, man - how's it sounding?

Caelumamittendum

Reaction score
I really like the look of these. Love the contrast between the dark fretboard and binding and the pure white body and headstock.

Classy axe, man - how's it sounding?

It sounds really, really nice. I'm coming from an old Schecter equipped with a D sonic and an Air Norton, and I think I already prefer the sound of the 808s. I'll put up a sound test once I get to know her a little better!

How does it play?

Plays really well, I had to file the nuts a bit to fit a new set of strings (10-74s), and intonate it after that of course, but the feel of the neck is great. Much better than the RG8 I tried in the store as well.

shes a bute! love that blank fretboard look

Yeah, she's a looker alright!

Nice, a white iron label!

HNGD

Thanks! I haven't seen too many white iron label 8s around.

Caelumamittendum

Reaction score
Congrats! I like the white ones best! :yesway:

Same here, that's why I chose the white one :)

You've just rekindled the GAS for that thing. I've been looking at it for so long! What's The neck feel like?

The neck feels absolutely great, but I have little to no comparison when it comes to Ibanez guitars. It's my first Ibanez and I'm used to Schecter necks (old old old C7 diamond series with a FR) or my recently sold strat (to fund this one), so this is quite a bit of a jump. To what I'd say is definitely better.

Omura

Reaction score
That looks fantastic.
I have a real soft spot for the white 8 strings Ibanez has put out,
the Ironlabel, Tam10, Rg852, and the 2228m especially. so classy.
They are begging for white 808x's though

Caelumamittendum

Reaction score
That looks fantastic.
I have a real soft spot for the white 8 strings Ibanez has put out,
the Ironlabel, Tam10, Rg852, and the 2228m especially. so classy.
They are begging for white 808x's though

I quite like the 808s, they're better than what I'm used to, but if 808x's are so much better, maybe I'll put them on my christmas wish list. Are they easy to install?