NGD: RGR soda blue + maple = yummie!

• Thread starter simonXsludge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
you've seen it before, but here's another one.

it has a solid set up and i really like it so far. the neck is fairly chubby, compared to my prestiges, but it's not too bad and feels super smooth, actually. i'm positively surprised about its quality anyways...definitely some of the best built MII ibbys i've tried so far.

and i think i'm loving the D-Activator. its midrange sounds full and rich, just how i like it. at least through my line6 stuff at home, i'm loving what i'm hearing so far.

on to the photos:

RGR01.jpg

RGR02.jpg

RGR03.jpg

RGR04.jpg

RGR05.jpg

RGR06.jpg

i've been looking for a cheaper backup ibby sixer for a while now and stumpled upon Zak1233's NGD on here, with some serious GAS resulting from that.

this axe is something i'd not generally be into, because i'm all about natural finishes and not hugely into the more 80s style RG's. something on this just screams AWESOME, though...i definitely have a soft spot for this one and really like its look.

enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adaman

Reaction score
shitsøn;2176518 said:
the neck is fairly chubby, compared to my prestiges, but it's not too bad and feels super smooth, actually. i'm positively surprised about its quality anyways...definitely some of the best built MII ibbys i've tried so far.

Are you sure its MII? It looks like a RG565 to me :scratch:
Either way it looks awesome man, I love maple boards:yesway:

adaman

Reaction score
Ah I see, guess I need to familiarize myself with the EU line:lol:
Still it looks awesome, I want more reverse headstock Ibbys!

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
fookin awesome! korean ibys get a bum rap just because they are not MIJ, but they are still better than most other guitars ;) my RG470 is korean and you wouldnt know it till i told you.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
Makes me want to go home and play mine! ;P

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
I know it's an RG, but it reminds me of a JS I saw Satch playing on the Experience Hendrix tour.

Congrats, looks tasty! :yesway:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Owning a recent MII Ibanez, they're pretty good but for some setup defects that can easily be solved. My destroyer is very satisfying and for once they come with real pickups that don't need swapping.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
with the little experience i have with d activators i can say that i loved them. you mentioned there being a pronounced midrange, and some even go so far as to describe this one as muddy. do you think it would pair well with a mid heavy neck pup like this SD full shred i have sitting around? or would there be too much midrange?

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
do you think it would pair well with a mid heavy neck pup like this SD full shred i have sitting around? or would there be too much midrange?
i don't have any experience with the full shred, so i'm not sure man. someone else might be able to help here?

does anyone know how the DiMarzio X2N's character is compared to the D-Activator DP220? i'm thinking of getting that one for my main axe, an S5470.

Guitar Asylum

Reaction score
Damn, I wish we had these in the states... I've been GASing for a few things and a H-S RG is definitely one of them!

')