NGD! Royal Blue contentz!

• Thread starter Schaug
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ibanez 1527
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Schaug

Reaction score
Poarn first talk later! Ibanez RG1527rb

cbwAgp5.jpg

HHMrdBv.jpg

8kwUYIq.jpg

kQ9uwnq.jpg

tBZUKLz.jpg

The guitar is in great condition and its my first Prestige. I sold a Loomis NT for it and had some cash left over to buy Eleven Rack without PT so yeah. DAT DEAL! :))) :agreed:
It plays great as it should, the neck is a DREAM and its the only reason I bought it. I have to live with the stock pups for a week or so. They are weak but the neck pup is actually farly nice for my needs. Edge Pro stays in tune surprisingly well but I dont use it much cuz I've learned me some ZW/Lynch wide vibrato technique :lol:

As usual I need a pup suggestion. XD I play death/thrash but generally I would die for Keith Merrow's tone and Im an EMG whore btw. So Dimarzios or BKPs? I somehow don't trust SD in basswood except maybe Blackouts...Considering D Activators or Black Hawks atm...Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TraE

Reaction score
I absolutely adore that finish. Dat sparkle + that shade of blue = WINNER. As far as pickup suggestions go, how come you don't trust SD? I think either a Nazgul or a Pegasus would tear in that bad boy.

Schaug

Reaction score
I absolutely adore that finish. Dat sparkle + that shade of blue = WINNER. As far as pickup suggestions go, how come you don't trust SD? I think either a Nazgul or a Pegasus would tear in that bad boy.

Thanks man. Dunno about the Duncans, never tried Nazgul nor Pegasus. But heard some great things about both. Its just that basswood is so flat sounding and only a few pickups can complement it nicely. Its a risk. For example I hated the Crunch Lab in my previous Ibby Premium. Just need more output and tightness :hbang:

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Congrats mate! Gotta love 1527's.

I have a BKP Miracle Man set in my 1527z and the really rip. Very balanced and clear.

j0eyaces

Reaction score
I have my 1527 set up with BKP Nail Bombs. Had the Palace go through and set it up as well and sounds 100% better than the CL/LF that i had in it before..

Happy NGD as well!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats dude! Love me my RG1527, it's my baby.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! Royal Blue is one of my favorite finishes. Nice score!

emroth

Reaction score
Wow, sick finish! Aaron of Intervals uses the SD Pegasus/Sentient set in all his 7's and most of his are made out of Basswood and his tone is just insane... I say go with that set, and if you don't like them, just return em and swap them out for BKP Aftermaths/Juggs/Miracle Mans. Any of those will work. As far as Dimarzio goes, look at a D-Activator or the new Titans if Dimz ever comes out with the 7 string version.

jsl2h90

Reaction score
sick guitar man! Props on the Death avatar, I was lucky enough to meet those guys (minus Chuck of course) on the DTA tour last year in LA. Super nice dudes and got to show off my Death tattoo to the band and ask a few questions about Cynic which was very cool.

As to your pups, you may wanna check out the Ionizer 7's that Dimarzio just came out with. I play just about everything, if they are anything like the 8 string version they will work out great for death/thrash as long as you aren't going for a super scooped mid tone. Skip to about 1:50 for the higher gain stuff... and the Cynic riffs.
I even threw in a little Cryptopsy at the very end haha

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
can't go wrong with Dimarzio D-Activators in basswood

also my buddy out east just scored one of these also, bought one 5 years ago, took it back cus of money issues and now just bouht it again, this is after buying an apex 100, a 2228, plus a bunch of other shit, infact, he unloaded an ESP 6 string and now owns exclusively ibanez 7's and 8's

Schaug

Reaction score
sick guitar man! Props on the Death avatar, I was lucky enough to meet those guys (minus Chuck of course) on the DTA tour last year in LA. Super nice dudes and got to show off my Death tattoo to the band and ask a few questions about Cynic which was very cool.

As to your pups, you may wanna check out the Ionizer 7's that Dimarzio just came out with. I play just about everything, if they are anything like the 8 string version they will work out great for death/thrash as long as you aren't going for a super scooped mid tone. Skip to about 1:50 for the higher gain stuff... and the Cynic riffs.
I even threw in a little Cryptopsy at the very end haha

Great man. Ill check the vid out as soon as I get home.

One thing I realized. The playability and comfort is the most important thing when you buy a guitar. Its not the price tag although the quality is important. I scored this guitar for a low price but it feels and plays like 3 times better than you would expect for the price.

You can always tweak the sound with amps and pickups and nowadays you can make almost anything sound decent. But you can't tweak the comfort. Its either there or you need a new guitar.

The only 7 that I would buy after this is either an Apex1 or 100 or the RGD and thats it. And the 26.5 Apex would own everything I want in a guitar but thats just me. I really loved my Loomis, it sounded great and the extended scale is incredibly practical but Ibby is simply more comfortable to play. 1527 is a GREAT guitar, and if boosted with proper pickups it could challenge a MUCH more expensive guitar easily. My 0.2c

')