NGD: Ruokangas Hellcat 7

• Thread starter asfeir
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asfeir

Reaction score
Ok guys, this is my first NGD in the sevenstring guitar section! A lot have happened in the last few weeks for me as I have relocated to Dubai and sold half my gear.

So I have been dreaming about a Ruokangas Hellcat for a while, and I found this guitar in stock on their website and It was 90% what I would have ordered if I had to customize a Ruokangas so I had to buy it. I asked Juha to change a couple of specs (tremol-no+sepcial cavity, R engraved knobs) and I just received it!

First of all, Juha is fantastic to deal with, very fast answers, and super kind. The guitar is of course flawless and plays like a dream. The only other super high end guitar I have is a Nik Huber Orca 59' and this one is as good if not better in terms of quality.
The specs are the usual Ruokangas combination of spanish cedar and arctic birch, with a superb arctic birch fretboard. The pickups are Tozz XL by Haussel, and although it's too early to form a solid opinion, they are amazing so far!

Anyways I'm not too good with words, and as bad with pictures but I have done my best using my phone cam:

IMG_8189.jpg
IMG_8190.jpg
IMG_8191.jpg
IMG_8195.jpg
IMG_8200.jpg
IMG_8202.jpg
IMG_8212.jpg
IMG_8215.jpg
IMG_8216.jpg
IMG_8217_2.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to see Ruokangas getting some love on this forum! I actually once took my Fender Telecaster to get repaired at his shop. Met the guy himself, very nice dude and took a good care of my guitar. :)

Oh, and HNGD!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Awesome! I always imagined these would be phenomenal guitars, and I even thought about buying that very same one! It bothers me he puts that R inlay on all the in stock guitars though - I mean, maybe just do a blank board or two? Did you opt-in to the R etched knobs, or opt out of them? I can't quite see.

asfeir

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Awesome! I always imagined these would be phenomenal guitars, and I even thought about buying that very same one! It bothers me he puts that R inlay on all the in stock guitars though - I mean, maybe just do a blank board or two? Did you opt-in to the R etched knobs, or opt out of them? I can't quite see.

Yes I have asked for the R knobs, small detail but I like them. The inlay is quite discrete when you have a birch fretboard to be honest!
This guitar is amazing, I know you have owned many high end guitars, and this is one you should own/try at some point ! :)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Never really heard about these, but that's pretty fantastic looking. :yesway:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This guitar is amazing, I know you have owned many high end guitars, and this is one you should own/try at some point ! :)

They're definitely on the list. That shot of your fretboard + fretwork is a good indication of why!

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
The world does indeed need more green guitars...I can help with that in time ;)

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
top congrats! that's a pleasant surprise man. i'll make it a point to visit Dubai in the near future. to say hello, you know. maybe i can take your Horizon with me on the way back home :fawk:

super congrats with extra hope you enjoy it forever.

Latest posts

')