NGD: Ruokangas Hellcat 7

• Thread starter asfeir
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love it. Very nice finish and that fretboard is amazing. The headstock is really sharp looking and I really dig that case too. :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I was curious as there really aren't many of these out there, what's his 7-string neck carve similar to anyway? Ibanez or EBMM thin? Schecter Thin/Fat? My wife's cousin was actually heading out to visit him for a distribution trip, I'll have to ask him if he got to play one of these or not while he was there. :D

perttime

Reaction score
dat neckjoint :agreed:
"Neck joint" isn't all that different from the one on my 1982 Ibanez...

Guitar looks great. If I ever get one in my hands, I'm sure it plays great too.

Why are there so few builders using birch?

Edika

Reaction score
Images are not working. Can someone verify that they're still up? Trying to see if it's just me :). Very curious to see this guitar as I was aware of Ruokangas but only have seen the images they have on their site.

Edit: Is it the Green one on their site? IF yes awesome guitar and congrats! If not I am sure it's an awesome guitar and congrats!

perttime

Reaction score
Images are not working. Can someone verify that they're still up?

Edit: Is it the Green one on their site? IF yes awesome guitar and congrats! If not I am sure it's an awesome guitar and congrats!
I still see lots of photos in first post. Looks the same as the one on the Ruokangas "In Stock" page, now stamped "Sold"".

asfeir

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

top congrats! that's a pleasant surprise man. i'll make it a point to visit Dubai in the near future. to say hello, you know. maybe i can take your Horizon with me on the way back home :fawk:

super congrats with extra hope you enjoy it forever.

Haha ok you can have the horizon I don't care for it anymore :p

@HG510 it is a 48mm Fast C neck not similar to the only other 7string guitar that I owned (uv777)

Matthew

Reaction score
Woah.

Edit: to make this post not spam, HNGD and maaaaan the figuring on that top + FB. Plus green. :yum:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Ultra cool.....sub zero in fact. Always wanted to own
a Ruokangas. That is a beauty. Lucky guy!!

asfeir

Reaction score
They are jumbo SS frets and yes the fretwork is something else!
Can't recommend Ruokangas enough!
I still can't make a solid statement on the Tozz XL pickups because I've been playing on jam up with crappy speakers which is a shame!

geese_com

Reaction score
Man I am out of the loop. I didn't know that Ruokangas did 7s. Congrats on the new guitar.

perttime

Reaction score
I'm sure I have a picture of a Duke 7... Yes, the body inlay on this one is from a classic piece of Finnish art:

39590d1397661417-please-show-me-best-blue-bursts-youve-got-ruokangas_defence_of_sampo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

')