NGD Rusti Guitars Lotus #1 headless

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Listing something with no expectation of making a sale, what insanity.

Of course, the problem arrives when you attempt to pass it off to another person without disclosing said issues transparently. You were 100% shady when listing it on Reverb, you should count your luck that it did not sell to someone who would investigate the instrument decently.
You do not get it:
Check first post of this thread. I listed my Reverb listing as first part of the story… I was not shady, I sold the guitar, original price 5 000 €, I charge 3 500 €, condition was nearly just as it arrived at my place. So what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
You do not get it:
Check first post of this thread. I listed my Reverb listing as first part of the story… I was not shady, I sold the guitar, original price 5 000 €, I charge 3 500 €, condition was nearly just as it arrived at my place. So what?
YOU don't get it. No one is saying your review is shady. It's shady not to disclose the issues you have with the instrument in a sale ad. Regardless of whether or not the builder felt they were issues.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
You're insinuating that all these beautiful guitars are just riddled with problems, but no one else is complaining. Like you drew a bunch of red circles all over your inlay. You know what? That's a beautiful inlay. You're not convincing anyone otherwise by highlighting miniscule specs in it. It didn't need to be photoshopped to be on his front page. It's simply a good looking guitar with an especially good looking fretboard. You're on Skervesen now? Let me know which Skervesen has a fretboard that nice.
I had the Skervesen first, so this was the benchmark for the Rusti Guitars. The Rusti Guitars has a serious hole in the fretboard, no small spec. Check once more.

Rusti Guitars only puts out 10 or so guitars per year, so funny that 10 % of them (= 1 guitar) are riddled with MANY flaws on many levels. You now start to bring up the minor cosmetic things again, but the actual issue was the shitty design of trem cavity, guitar weight, fucked-up electronics (several issues here)… Strange, isn't it?

What is the probability of all guitars being great, while one is this bad? I would say not very high. :) Disprove the issues I showed in the initial 3 posts.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I had the Skervesen first, so this was the benchmark for the Rusti Guitars. The Rusti Guitars has a serious hole in the fretboard, no small spec. Check once more.

Rusti Guitars only puts out 10 or so guitars per year, so funny that 10 % of them (= 1 guitar) are riddled with MANY flaws on many levels. You now start to bring up the minor cosmetic things again, but the actual issue was the shitty design of trem cavity, guitar weight, fucked-up electronics (several issues here)… Strange, isn't it?

What is the probability of all guitars being great, while one is this bad? I would say not very high. :) Disprove the issues I showed in the initial 3 posts.

You wanted a lightweight walnut guitar and it's Rusti's fault he didn't invent a new species of tree that would allow for it?

And the electronics was a faulty pot. It can happen to anyone. How big of a deal you want to make over a $15 component / 10 min swap?

That leaves the trem issue. Seems to be fixed now and in all new Rustis so why should I care?

Alessandro Zilio

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What is the point of keeping this conversation up? you brought your review based on your experience, fine!
What's the point now of arguing with everyone about anything just to get someone to agree with you? i already told you that if there's someone that's gonna look bad after this thing is over is only you buddy, and you keep making yourself look worse with your attitude, you just go on and on being aggressive with everyone that gets back at you, bringing out even the most pointless stuff.
Are you done with this?

Gango79

Reaction score
I have had more than 40 guitars in my life. At the moment I own a vik a Rusti , 2 prs( one private stock) , 2 Gibson custom shop . I can say without any doubt Rusti is the best built guitar I ever owned. Yep the wait time is long, but it is the cost to pay to have a perfect guitar . My koa paradox is a work of art. Perfect in every detail as shown in his pics.
I can accept that in the end one is not satisfied with one guitar but saying such bad things about Claudio is really blasphemy

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Something no one seems to notice:

I disclosed what I wrote on Reverb in my first post. I even stated that this text came directly from that listing…

So, no one was arguing against this text back then. Please check again. ;) I was not shady at any point in my review.
Ok.
Now, here comes the twist: That text actually comes from the description text when I sold that guitar off. After only a couple of months.

It was never sold on reverb, this was just a try. I actually did not expect anyone to buy this. And so it was.
The thread that keeps on giving.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Ok.

The thread that keeps on giving.
It was not sold via Reverb in the end. But this is not relevant for the review / explanation of the situation. The text was just from a listing of that guitar when I tried so sell that thing off.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
I have had more than 40 guitars in my life. 4 viks, 3
Yeah? Whatever, I had 20 Ibanez Prestige, 5 J Custom, 8 PRS, … notice? I could write any crap here and claim any shit. It is not an argument in any way. :)

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
It was not sold via Reverb in the end. But this is not relevant for the review / explanation of the situation. The text was just from a listing of that guitar when I tried so sell that thing off.
You are maybe the least reliable person to ever post here. And I say that while we're in the middle of a huge spambot attack.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
You are maybe the least reliable person to ever post here. And I say that while we're in the middle of a huge spambot attack.
Still not getting what this has to do with that crappy shit guitar which I was given by Rusti Guitars. I should have bought fireworks for that money, at least this is fun for a certain time. :)

Soon at 100, so finally able to drop out.

xzacx

Reaction score
Still not getting what this has to do with that crappy shit guitar which I was given by Rusti Guitars. I should have bought fireworks for that money, at least this is fun for a certain time. :)

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you really don't get this, here's what it means—people don't trust your opinion on the guitar. Your credibility was also hurt by using Skervesen as a benchmark. You may not know this, but the brand has a less-than-stellar reputation around here. It seems as if things have gotten better, and that's great, but enough people had bad experiences that it comes off as questionable to use as the standard bearer of quality.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you really don't get this, here's what it means—people don't trust your opinion on the guitar. Your credibility was also hurt by using Skervesen as a benchmark. You may not know this, but the brand has a less-than-stellar reputation around here. It seems as if things have gotten better, and that's great, but enough people had bad experiences that it comes off as questionable to use as the standard bearer of quality.
If this is the worst Rusti, it's like a million times better than the worst Skervesen that's been posted here. Or a billion times better than the ones that didn't get posted so the customers would get their money back.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Well let us know your onlyfans page before you go, this was fun.

Gango79

Reaction score
I have had more than 40 guitars in my life. At the moment I own a vik a Rusti , 2 prs( one private stock) , 2 Gibson custom shop . I can say without any doubt Rusti is the best built guitar I ever owned. Yep the wait time is long, but it is the cost to pay to have a perfect guitar . My koa paradox is a work of art. Perfect in every detail as shown in his pics.
I can accept that in the end one is not satisfied with one guitar but saying such bad things about Claudio is really blasphemy

')