NGD Rusti Guitars Lotus #1 headless

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
I think we have all learned valuable lessons from this. Don't buy a guitar from Puma or Rusti, but especially not a Rusti from Puma.
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 2.53.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 2.52.24 PM.png

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
This thread has made me want to play a guitar again. On the other hand, I'll probably get home and just decide to keep playing synths. That being said, Rusti Guitars sure are pretty, and if I were into buying more guitars, I'd want one.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Rusti is adamant that the guitar was / is fine, up to this day. 🤡 He also sold it (with the fucked up trem routing) to another customer. Interesting how nobody is interested in that fact. In my case: I just wanted to get rid of the guitar, and it seems at least some people DO think that the guitar is "nice and that is just how custom guitars are". Rusti told me that I shall tell customers that the guitar is fine. I asked him this specific question. 🤡

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Rusti is adamant that the guitar was / is fine, up to this day. 🤡 He also sold it (with the fucked up trem routing) to another customer. Interesting how nobody is interested in that fact. In my case: I just wanted to get rid of the guitar, and it seems at least some people DO think that the guitar is "nice and that is just how custom guitars are". Rusti told me that I shall tell customers that the guitar is fine. I asked him this specific question. 🤡
That's the same logic as giving someone an STI and then justifying it by telling everyone your ex, who gave you the STI, said it was no big deal. 🤡

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
That's the same logic as giving someone an STI and then justifying it by telling everyone your ex, who gave you the STI, said it was no big deal. 🤡
So, you're saying then openly that Rusti Guitars are crap?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
To correct you: I was able to have the guitar checked by the customer and then sold to that customer. So nothing went wrong. Good outcome from that side. Still feel bad for the guy because he obviously does not seem to care for quality. You are right in that somehow he is now living with that faulty guitar… But would burning it help anyone?

Addition: Guitar was at Rusti's workshop and I guess who could tell more about this guitar than the builder himself when selling it? :)

I like how Puma handwaves all responsibility for the reselling of the guitar after sending it back.

Yet he mentions pages ago that it was a collaborative process where he was also in communication with the final owner of the Lotus?

Did you clearly describe all of the faults to the final owner like you did in the first few posts of this thread? I'm guessing not, since you wanted to make a sale and get your money out of it.

Feel free to show us you disclosing the issues and making sure they were satisfied with the instrument before buying it :)

nickgray

Reaction score
Yes, that CrustyCougar's original attempt to sell it.

I mean, it bloody says Wolle's Gear Bazaar, Freiburg, Germany. Not Rusti's Gear Bazzario, Lombardy, Italy. I really tried to give the dude the benefit of the doubt, but for all I know he went berserk after so many "undesired lack of color" and shimmed the fucking trem sideways. With how the thread's going, it seems perfectly reasonable :lol:

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
I mean, it bloody says Wolle's Gear Bazaar, Freiburg, Germany. Not Rusti's Gear Bazzario, Lombardy, Italy. I really tried to give the dude the benefit of the doubt, but for all I know he went berserk after so many "undesired lack of color" and shimmed the fucking trem sideways. With how the thread's going, it seems perfectly reasonable :lol:
Ah, BTW, this is the guitar with a set of BKP Ragnaroks. The Ragnaroks are not the cheap kind of pickups, so actually this offer was even better than the one provided by Rusti Guitars. Guitar was mint, not played much, only some months old. Had two setups and selector switch exchanged / pups swapped. And Rusti was still flagging all the issues as "taste". At that point I was not yet fully aware of the trem issues (incorrect route, i.e. not full range). This happened afterwards and that also was when I pushed him to take that thing back. So the Reverb sale was still kind of legacy stuff, the sale at Rusti Guitars was after the full fallout with regards to design issues / definite proof of sound issues and so on.

jaxadam

Reaction score

Yeah, but that's Freiburg, Germany which is IN ITALY BRO.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Ignore all the faults bro! It's a good deal, here's the latest and greatest djent pickup for FREE!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
It's wild how much heavy lifting Rusti saying that the initial issues with setup being a "taste" thing is doing for him. :lol:

All to justify an attempt to sell without describing any of the issues he passionately rants about for pages after it's been sold. You're an Olympian at this rate, Puma.

')