NGD Rusti Guitars Lotus #1 headless

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
i need to stop email notifications everytime there is a post in this thread. my inbox is clogged. how to do that for only one thread?

jaxadam

Reaction score
Let's just put this mint thing to bed once and for all.

This is exactly how it arrived, and I can assure you, it's mint.

635-A8-FB2-C0-CC-4-C79-A58-D-382090-CEE727.jpg

He said he's working on a new flavor called the "Dirty Puma". It will be a peanut butter base loaded with horseshit.

Last edited:

nickgray

Reaction score
First stating the guitar is flawed, then it's mint

No no, you don't get it. Rusti made the guitar. Puma found flaws. Puma's tech even fixed some flaws. But overall the guitar is mint because it was how Rusti made it. Minus the tech work, but let's be honest, it only improved things, so in reality it's actually better than mint.

Saying all Rusti guitars are a flawed complaining about him being incompetent and then silently ordering another build via a friend?

Oh come on, you don't make assumptions based on just one guitar. Rusti will make a Puma #2, Puma #3, Puma #4, ... I think at around Puma #30, Puma will finally be satisified that Rusti is so incompetent, it's just not worth to order a custom built guitar from him.

Last edited:

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
That's the définition of "Gets better with age". Give it a year and the guitar will start producing green free energy.

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Reaction score
Mint means the guitar is in the same condition as it was after production.

I actually agree with this definition.

What I don't agree with is you saying the guitar was mint even after you altered and/or repaired it on your own accord, which was part of the issue some took in wondering if the guitar was still applicable to warranty.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Let's just put this mint thing to bed once and for all.

This is exactly how it arrived, and I can assure you, it's mint.

635-A8-FB2-C0-CC-4-C79-A58-D-382090-CEE727.jpg

He said he's working on a new flavor called the "Dirty Puma". It will be a peanut butter base loaded with horseshit.
mint moosetracks? Fuck, I'm in the wrong country

xzacx

Reaction score
Even if we were to all agree on OP’s rating of mint, he still didn’t disclose the “mint flaws,” and thus still didn’t give potential buyers all the info they needed—regardless of price.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
He did not offer to correct any issues. There were no issues acc. to Rusti Guitars. Just read.

Jesus Christ dude, can you just quit lying?

Page 3 if anyone's curious where this was pulled from, being offered and told multiple times to ship it back to have ALL issues corrected.

1659203064197.png

Forums are actually the perfect format for misinformation, you can just straight up change your story pages later thinking that no one will want to take the effort to fact check the bullshit.

Last edited:

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Jesus Christ dude, can you just quit lying?

Page 3 if anyone's curious where this was pulled from, being offered and told multiple times to ship it back to have ALL issues corrected.

View attachment 111615

Forums are actually the perfect format for misinformation, you can just straight up change your story pages later thinking that no one will want to take the effort to fact check the bullshit.
This was after legal pressure. Check the dates...

Furthermore: the flaws on that guitar with regards to trem were so integral I had high doubts that Rusti would ever fix them when saying "it only needs a good setup". Back at that time it was also not clear what caused the sound issues, since I actually had a tech check it. He missed the pot issues acc to Rusti.

But then again: Rusti has never proven that it was indeed only the pot and all was good then woth regards to sound... there is also no evidence that he rerouted the trem cavity in a way which makes it fully functional. He was the one who sold it in whatever condition. I never saw that guitar again (and would not even want to).

Last edited:

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Ackchyually, auditory processing in animals is an interesting field too!
Funny enough, I did do a project for my master's thesis in a domain that was probably not too far from your link above (although more into separation for automated music transcription specifically).
Don't dox yourself though.
*laments in engineering degree*

BusinessMan

Reaction score
On topic with the thread, you should've just sent it back and told him to fix it as soon as you received it. If I have an issue with anything new, I don't tamper with it. Take it right back to the source.

Only about a third through this treat of a thread, will be back with more popcorn.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Holy shit. I could not resist, so I spent a good few hours reading through this whole farce.

Couple of things;
-I've owned 3 Skervesens. 2 of them great, 1 of them not-so-great. The latter one was one of their first ones. I wouldn't hesitate to order one now.
-Puma seems like an unemployed lawyer. He needs to have his debate/litigation fix somehow. Wasting hours and hours on a forum, complaining without no apparent logic, eating your own words and proving to the world that you're just an opportunistic charlatan. In regards to the Reverb thing, it's unbelievable how low you're willing to go - as long as it's in your monetary interests, it's okay to lie and not tell about issues with the guitar.
-I'm just gonna play guitar now, all right? Please, can we just all play some guitar... put a click track on and practice :)

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Holy shit. I could not resist, so I spent a good few hours reading through this whole farce.

Couple of things;
-I've owned 3 Skervesens. 2 of them great, 1 of them not-so-great. The latter one was one of their first ones. I wouldn't hesitate to order one now.
-Puma seems like an unemployed lawyer. He needs to have his debate/litigation fix somehow. Wasting hours and hours on a forum, complaining without no apparent logic, eating your own words and proving to the world that you're just an opportunistic charlatan. In regards to the Reverb thing, it's unbelievable how low you're willing to go - as long as it's in your monetary interests, it's okay to lie and not tell about issues with the guitar.
-I'm just gonna play guitar now, all right? Please, can we just all play some guitar... put a click track on and practice :)
my sympathy for his "plight" evaporated very early on

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
its time to unwatch this farce of a dumpster fire. cheers. click.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Tell that the builder not even able to space string slots correctly for a guitar nut. :)

In case the above build is indeed the XEN then I think this thread was badly needed. All the video tells is that his guitars are seemingly OK and work. And not that this thing had very messy fretwork and messy electronics... I believe I would not have chosen Rusti Guitars if had been given this info, so thanks to the owner for finally disclosing this in public.
Not my build. Please stfu

')