NGD Rusti Guitars Lotus #1 headless

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it, because anyone who's ever dealt in litigation knows that threatening to "lawyer up" when the contractor is willing to take the necessary steps to remedy a situation will be wasting big money.
Perhaps that's why he's unemployed, he just wasn't all that good :lol:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Perhaps that's why he's unemployed, he just wasn't all that good :lol:

I'm a bartender during the summers, and I learned by way of some work gossip that my coworker is a disbarred attorney.

Point being, he still has to pay the rent somehow.

You ever look at somebody who is (or was) an attorney and ask yourself "how fucking hard can law school really be?"

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Anyone else really want a Rusti now?
Tbh I've adored his work for many years, but hemispherical frets, possibly wrong neck shape, possibly displeasing sonic features and high price make it a sure no-no for me. I just don't know how his guitars feel and sound, too much that can go wrong.

After owning dozens of expensive guitars I know what I like.
Rusti could very well be the perfect guitar for me, but I'd really, really have to try one that's built and ready. Not gonna take a shot in the dark because there is no need :)

TBH for the price of a Rusti, I would just order an Aristides + buy an Ibanez Prestige or ESP on top :D

But for the person who wants a kick ass custom wooden guitar with a cool top, I would definitely go with Rusti. I mean, those builds look f'in amazing.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
If there are issues with a guitar that you are aware of, you disclose them to potential buyers when you sell it. What a terribly dishonest person.
He must be one of THOSE eBay sellers in disguise on reverb :lol:
To try and sell it while not disclosing the issues is a real scumbag move. You know the issues are there. Any buyer of it would probably find the issues eventually and pull the same shit you did.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
[...] Mint condition is an expression used to denote the quality of a pre-owned good as displaying virtually no imperfections and being in pristine condition relative to its original production state. [...]
Per your own definition, in which you provided, mint means, to quote your own definition of the term, " virtually no imperfections and being in pristine condition". You are contradicting yourself by posting this. There were a shitload of imperfections, found by yoi, stated by you, photographed by you, and yet you still tried to pass it off as mint. Which again, quoting the definition you provided, means "virtually no imperfections". You made it clear in your own post that the guitar has more than "virtually no imperfections". "Virtually no imperfections" usually means like a finish bubble, a ding, something minorly cosmetic, not functional. Your item was, according to you again, structurally non-functioning and you failed to disclose that to potential buyers.

Dayn

Reaction score
I'm a bartender during the summers, and I learned by way of some work gossip that my coworker is a disbarred attorney.

Point being, he still has to pay the rent somehow.

You ever look at somebody who is (or was) an attorney and ask yourself "how fucking hard can law school really be?"
Cs get degrees.

Now enjoy the fact that it applies to medical professionals too.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I'm only on page 25 and it's been like an hour of reading but this has been an interesting study in psychology.

Both Rusti and OP are wrong, but much more so OP imo at this point. Still, Rusti downright refuses to acknowledge anything that was done wrong on the build, and as of page 25 he only chimes in to adamantly defend his work on said build. It seems clear that the trem was not ideally installed, and that it was probably in part Rusti's fault. A simple 'oops' would be so refreshing, or even a 'hm, maybe it was me but I don't think so'.

And I think the reason that Rusti won't do that is because OP is legitimately one of the most insufferable people I've ever seen post on the internet outside of Facebook news article comments, and to concede one potential failure would be like rolling the snowball that confirms the avalanche. The avalanche of douche.

Kovah

Reaction score
imagine paying 25k of money for PRS Dragon and then discovering hair thin gaps between inlay pieces under microscope...that would make me seriously pissed off
AckUallY

1659355215667.png

source: https://reverb.com/fr/item/57645411-prs-private-stock-dragon-35th-anniversary-2020-2020

4Eyes

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong about it, if you want graphics in 8k retina resolution, put a sticker on there.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Fell asleep reading this thread lol, woke up and finished it.

OP is a rich person that is completely out of touch with reality. There are probably a lot of wealthy people here considering that like 25% of this thread apparently owns at least one 5k custom guitar, but there's a difference between someone that has some money and still is a humble dude and someone that has money and then becomes a raging narcissist.

Guy has like 20 people surrounding him, telling him that he's wrong in several points. People have written short stories tying to level with the guy and fill any hole of logic that he has, and he just draws a red line around it and complains because it won't fit his narrative, and in his mind he knows he's right. The world will conform to his viewpoint, because that's how it works when you're a rich narcissist.

The trem was bad, fair. The finish was fine, stop whining. He did offer to fix it, stop whining. Posting a thread in a transparent attempt to tarnish a small Luthiers reputation and then selling the guitar as mint is a D bag thing to do.

You lack the ability to see your wrongdoing in any capacity, to the degree even if you're right about some things the other things that you're genuinely wrong about yet won't admit to are so duplicitous that you have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

You should move to America and run for Senate.

Last edited:

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Not so sure about that. He sounds more like someone that spent well beyond their means and immediately had buyer's remorse.

Yeah, maybe. He's at least tried to paint a picture of himself being wealthy. Saying how expensive the repairs and new pickups were but it that it was no biggie for him, giving someone a hard time because they presumably can't afford to buy a 5k lawyer guitar when he well knows that only like 2% of the world population could potentially do so, bragging about leaving an extra $200 for the Luthier even though he didn't need to, etc.

To be fair that does sound like the kind of thing that someone living well outside their means would do tbh

Puma post a screenshot of your savings account so we can settle this

jaxadam

Reaction score
Puma post a screenshot of your savings account so we can settle this

I have a buddy who is very wealthy. 5 mil house on the beach, 3 mil house on the river, cars, etc. He probably has less in his bank account than most people here. His wife, on the other hand…

')