NGD Rusti Guitars Lotus #1 headless

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
You bought something that you've now revised to say "you just didn't like" (I'll note I'm paraphrasing so you don't send a lawyer after me for a misquote). Rusti has no obligation for you to like the guitar and, in such a scenario, no obligation that you get all your money back when you resell it. This is a hobby, you lose money to hobbies, it's how hobbies work.

This is the EU we're talking about, there are loads of customer protections and you're still whining about losing out. If it was defective, Rusti needs to repair it at no cost to you. This was offered and you turned it down. You could have forced him to accept a return and refund you through the courts if you wanted, and you claim you engaged a lawyer but I really doubt that happened.

All you're doing with this thread is demonstrating you cannot be trusted, so I don't blame Rusti for wanting the guitar himself to check you hadn't done something before shelling out.
The guitar was flawed, I listed all flaws in the initial 3 posts, your argumentation is absurd. I quoted Rusti when saying "I did not like it", because this is how he termed it. This is also why he would not see any correction of the trem issues etc. as required.

Rusti did not offer to repair it. There was nothing to repair, he even said so in this thread. The crooked trem, the incorrect routing, dead sound… acc. to Rusti Guitars, all of this was just a matter of taste, not of quality issues. Read again, you seem to have serious reading comprehension issues if you continue that way. He wanted to set up the guitar, wanted to charge for the shipment upfront. This is not EU law.

Please get back to topic, the sub-par quality guitar which was send to me. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Again, I do not need to provide further evidence. I provided evidence that there is no issue and the crooked trem / other issues are all OK and no reason for repair. Check my and his posts. He even defends how he build the guitar. I am not here to look good, I don't care, get it? I am upset about how Rusti Guitars deals with customers. Our conversations spanned months and the guitar took another 2 years to finish. All people drool when seeing the high-gloss images of it. And yet, here I am and telling the guitar was crap at given price tag, even provided evidence.

Also, I can report any issues at any time during warranty as long as it is obvious that they arose during manufacturing / was shipped this way. So what is the point? He said there are not issues, he even says so now. In the beginning I still trusted him, but over time when problems started to pile up and became more and more obvious I was fed up and told him that these are actually his faults and nothing you just have to deal with yourself. All of this did not happen overnight, so what about "this is all OK, where is your problem?" Is not ridiculing a customer presenting serious issues?
Bizarre that you want to withhold the single bit of information that would ultimately make Rusti look 100% in the wrong and overall make people empathize with you more.

So I'll leave it at that, you made a baseless accusation for denial of warranty service and that you were mocked but show zero evidence to reflect it.

You every using Rusti's statement that the guitar is perfect as a greenlight to list it with no disclosure of cosmetic/structural/functional issues would not hold up if the buyer raised issue with your listing to Reverb. The guitar existed how it did in your photos and you listed it as "mint". You definitely don't care how you look because you just look like a scammer at the end of all of this.

Gango79

Reaction score
I’m thinking about this detail.
- according to your opinion the guitar was full of flaws. And you disagree with Claudio , that, in other hands, said the guitar was fine.
- you sold the same guitar on reverb saying that it was flawless…and you justify yourself saying “according to Rusti all is fine”
isn't that hypocritical enough? it seems that Claudio is right only when it is useful for you

considering how many posts you have made, how much you continue to defend the indefensible, makes me think how painful was dealing with you. Poor Claudio! You are the customer that no one wants to have.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Bizarre that you want to withhold the single bit of information that would ultimately make Rusti look 100% in the wrong and overall make people empathize with you more.

So I'll leave it at that, you made a baseless accusation for denial of warranty service and that you were mocked but show zero evidence to reflect it.

You every using Rusti's statement that the guitar is perfect as a greenlight to list it with no disclosure of cosmetic/structural/functional issues would not hold up if the buyer raised issue with your listing to Reverb. The guitar existed how it did in your photos and you listed it as "mint". You definitely don't care how you look because you just look like a scammer at the end of all of this.
I already provided your proof in the chat logs, of which I posted 2. See yourself. Also, check the dates, this was already in November, issues started back when I received the guitar. I was still compliant, was thinking that I have to just get used to these things as Rusti Guitars termed it. He said (even now) that this is all how it should be. But this is not true. And at some point, i.e. a certain number of different issues having been spotted (all obviously from manufacturing), you start to ask him why this is not addressed. He only replies that "there is nothing to correct".

You see any point onwards from then? Shipping a guitar at my cost to him, although he is not planning to fix the trem routing, the cosmetic issues, and on top: the dead sound issue could not be pinpointed by then. He was just like "aah, this is your taste".

Readers shall make up their mind themselves. Buying a guitar for 5 000 €, waiting 2 years, paying 5 % tip on top, and then being told that all issues you bring up are "your taste" and nothing else. Then you are offered to pay another 300 € to ship the guitar. Rusti tried to damage control, but obiously after all the content I uploaded in the beginning, this is not possible.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
#m
I’m thinking about this detail.
- according to your opinion the guitar was full of flaws. And you disagree with Claudio , that, in other hands, said the guitar was fine.
- you sold the same guitar on reverb saying that it was flawless…and you justify yourself saying “according to Rusti all is fine”
isn't that hypocritical enough? it seems that Claudio is right only when it is useful for you

considering how many posts you have made, how much you continue to defend the indefensible, makes me think how painful was dealing with you. Poor Claudio! You are the customer that no one wants to have.
Haha, I posted a lot of objective proof in the beginning, i.e. images. This is nothing about this nonsense you are talking about. :) Rusti Guitars is just a highly shady guy. Why would I have to resort to legal pressure? When someone is presented with such obvious flaws in a product, you would expect them to directly send a ticket and have this sorted out as soon as possible and not talk about "other guy's builds being more important now" and that this is all just "taste".

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After reading this dumpster fire of a thread I was totally on your side because I was in a similar but way less dramatic situation (not being satisfied with a 4k guitar) but after seeing the way you talk to folks and your dishonesty in the reverb description (especially after the gymnastics you did to justify the description) it showed me that you have a questionable character...

Versuche viel eher deine Erfahrungen als Lektion zu verstehen ohne alle anderen dafür verantwortlich zu machen!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The guitar was flawed, I listed all flaws in the initial 3 posts, your argumentation is absurd. I quoted Rusti when saying "I did not like it", because this is how he termed it. This is also why he would not see any correction of the trem issues etc. as required.

Rusti did not offer to repair it. There was nothing to repair, he even said so in this thread. The crooked trem, the incorrect routing, dead sound… acc. to Rusti Guitars, all of this was just a matter of taste, not of quality issues. Read again, you seem to have serious reading comprehension issues if you continue that way. He wanted to set up the guitar, wanted to charge for the shipment upfront. This is not EU law.

Please get back to topic, the sub-par quality guitar which was send to me. :)
My reading comprehension is fine, it's your story that keeps changing. If I'm confused it's because the web you're weaving is impossible to follow.

You sold the guitar listing no problems. So either you're a liar and there were problems, or you're a liar and this thread is bogus.

That's really all anyone needs to know about this thread. The guitar may or may not be flawed, there's literally no way to know because OP can't be trusted.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
After reading this dumpster fire of a thread I was totally on your side because I was in a similar but way less dramatic situation (not being satisfied with a 4k guitar) but after seeing the way you talk to folks and your dishonesty in the reverb description (especially after the gymnastics you did to justify the description) it showed me that you have a questionable character...

Versuche viel eher deine Erfahrungen als Lektion zu verstehen ohne alle anderen dafür verantwortlich zu machen!
Reverb was written professionally, acc. to what Rusti Guitars told me, i.e. that the guitar is as intended. The guitar was not much used, great condition, pups changed, that's it. Trying to disprove the review with that small part of the story when Rusti forced me to sell it is funny to say the least.

It is not my fault that Rusti Guitars just puts out bad instruments. The original value is 5 000 €, this is what Rusti Guitars charged me. Therefore, I sold it for much less, although quite new. To me, reasonable enough. I did not mess the guitar up and acc. to the builder the guitar is great. I disagree, but that is another story.

Again "review" vs. "condition after purchase". Also if anyone objected receiving that guitar I would have been cooperative. All of your points here are very much assumption, nothing more.

I am also not here for compassion or anything. I just gave quite the detailed review of Rusti Guitars' work, check the first 3 posts. However, Rusti Guitars could not take that someone spoils his name and a flame war was started. I mean, I don't care, the images are on the net forever. I did my review, the rest is s(w)ole entertainment. :)

Last edited:

Thesius

Reaction score
My reading comprehension is fine, it's your story that keeps changing. If I'm confused it's because the web you're weaving is impossible to follow.

You sold the guitar listing no problems. So either you're a liar and there were problems, or you're a liar and this thread is bogus.

That's really all anyone needs to know about this thread. The guitar may or may not be flawed, there's literally no way to know because OP can't be trusted.
His story hasn't changed he's just thrown on a childish act. He knowingly sold the guitar without listing the flaws, because that's what Rusti did to him. Apparently

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
His story hasn't changed he's just thrown on a childish act. He knowingly sold the guitar without listing the flaws, because that's what Rusti did to him. Apparently
To correct you: I was able to have the guitar checked by the customer and then sold to that customer. So nothing went wrong. Good outcome from that side. Still feel bad for the guy because he obviously does not seem to care for quality. You are right in that somehow he is now living with that faulty guitar… But would burning it help anyone?

Addition: Guitar was at Rusti's workshop and I guess who could tell more about this guitar than the builder himself when selling it? :)

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
OP is out his time and 1k+, it's not a hard statement to make that his experience was far from positive and that things could have been handled better. I can also make the statement that OP's rhetoric can make him difficult to deal with, but you could also argue that it never would have escalated to that point with a better initial response.
The above (My own statement, reiterated 3x in this thread) is true, while...

1658321632562.png

You wrote this up, and listed it as mint while your guitar had:

1) Finishing issues, unpainted edges.
2) Trem Installation off angle
3) Blemishes to your inlay
4) String Locking Mechanism loosely moving

Per your first 3 posts in this thread, the instrument arrived from Rusti this way. You are sleazy for not mentioning a lick of it in your ad yet documenting it so aggressively in your weird spiteful hit piece. This makes me cast doubt on the rest of your account of events, nevermind your claims one of which (Critical to the narrative that Rusti left you hung and dry) is strangely absent.

If your intended purpose was to review the instrument and leave a 1 star review on his business, you should have left it at page 1 - 2. The more that gets revealed the less people will believe your story and instead view you as the problem. Which is antithetical to your reason for making this thread in the first place.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
The above (My own statement, reiterated 3x in this thread) is true, while...

View attachment 111022

You wrote this up, and listed it as mint while your guitar had:

1) Finishing issues, unpainted edges.
2) Trem Installation off angle
3) Blemishes to your inlay
4) String Locking Mechanism loosely moving

Per your first 3 posts in this thread, the instrument arrived from Rusti this way. You are sleazy for not mentioning a lick of it in your ad yet documenting it so aggressively in your weird spiteful hit piece. This makes me cast doubt on the rest of your account of events, nevermind your claims one of which (Critical to the narrative that Rusti left you hung and dry) is strangely absent.

If your intended purpose was to review the instrument and leave a 1 star review on his business, you should have left it at page 1 - 2. The more that gets revealed the less people will believe your story and instead view you as the problem. Which is antithetical to your reason for making this thread in the first place.
You do not understand "mint". Mint does mean that it is as after purchase / manufacture. This was the case. Manufacturing issues which were "by design" acc. to Rusti Guitars, do not fall under this. You are therefore incorrect. The issues I listed are acc. to Rusti Guitars all normal and you can therefore expect them on any build from them. Furthermore, this is custom work and no serialized stuff, so it only for that reason alone "design". However, I did not order it that way, did I? :)

Also your 2nd assumption is incorrect: People will always check the first posts first, then see the extremely sub-par quality of Rusti Guitars and stop reading. Any bloating of the thread only makes more people aware of it.

Regarding your point: I said in the initial post that I HAD to sell it to someone else at 3 500 €. I was pretty precise here. This is so much straw-man argumenting… please stay on topic. The guitar. First 3 posts.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I am also not here for compassion or anything. I just gave quite the detailed review of Rusti Guitars' work, check the first 3 posts. However, Rusti Guitars could not take that someone spoils his name and a flame war was started. I mean, I don't care, the images are on the net forever. I did my review, the rest is s(w)ole entertainment. :)

I mean, I don't know why I would have any reservations about buying a Rusti really. They're beautiful, the wood is amazing, and the only real problem here was the trem, which seems to have been a one-off problem on the prototype and seems to have been fixed going forwards. They sound good in the demo vids, and everyone else, who I generally trust as having good test and enough credibility to give an honest opinion, have been impressed with theirs. Honestly if anything this thread has led me to reconsider them going forward, as the wood selection seems to have leveled up once again. Quilt maple fretboard? Yes, please.

173273766_3923718634318218_2894683793658353616_n.jpg

Meanwhile you're kind of obviously a PITA customer and generally abrasive personality, with no integrity when it comes to accurately describing the state of a guitar in line with your own assessment in the for-sale ad. The trem sucked but these other issues are just bullshit.

When you look at the details here, they're just really well done, regardless of whatever tiny red circles you want to draw on your own or whatever BS spectrograms you want to post:

167000280_3878692218820860_8091934264763198909_n.jpg

All in all, I think you may have helped Rusti's business. I mean, I hadn't thought of Rusti in a long time, but these recent builds are spectacular.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You do not understand "mint". Mint does mean that it is as after purchase / manufacture. This was the case. Manufacturing issues which were "by design" acc. to Rusti Guitars, do not fall under this. You are therefore incorrect. The issues I listed are acc. to Rusti Guitars all normal and you can therefore expect them on any build from them. Furthermore, this is custom work and no serialized stuff, so it only for that reason alone "design". However, I did not order it that way, did I? :)

Also your 2nd assumption is incorrect: People will always check the first posts first, then see the extremely sub-par quality of Rusti Guitars and stop reading. Any bloating of the thread only makes more people aware of it.

R0cDd9.gif

If I bought your instrument, and took photos of the issues you documented and sent them to Reverb after your BS response. They would side with me or any customer, because those are flaws not present in your description of the instrument.

No amount of mental gymnastics would hold up, and you'd end up refunding whoever you scammed regardless. Hilarious that you "feel sorry" for the final owner, did you not disclose anything to them either and ask them "Hey look over the guitar and let me know if anything is wrong with it?".

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
I mean, I don't know why I would have any reservations about buying a Rusti really. They're beautiful, the wood is amazing, and the only real problem here was the trem, which seems to have been a one-off problem on the prototype and seems to have been fixed going forwards. They sound good in the demo vids, and everyone else, who I generally trust as having good test and enough credibility to give an honest opinion, have been impressed with theirs. Honestly if anything this thread has led me to reconsider them going forward, as the wood selection seems to have leveled up once again. Quilt maple fretboard? Yes, please.

173273766_3923718634318218_2894683793658353616_n.jpg

Meanwhile you're kind of obviously a PITA customer and generally abrasive personality, with no integrity when it comes to accurately describing the state of a guitar in line with your own assessment in the for-sale ad. The trem sucked but these other issues are just bullshit.

When you look at the details here, they're just really well done, regardless of whatever tiny red circles you want to draw on your own or whatever BS spectrograms you want to post:

167000280_3878692218820860_8091934264763198909_n.jpg

All in all, I think you may have helped Rusti's business. I mean, I hadn't thought of Rusti in a long time, but these recent builds are spectacular.
Funny, my bad guitar was advertised with the same images that you bring up here. These are worth nothing in my book and especially after this experience. Rusti is deceiving customers with these photoshopped images, from best angle, masking the issues. How would you expect to see trem issues when only looking at these flashy things? It seems you understood absolutely nothing from this threat… He even had my sub-par guitar as profile pic for quite a long time (I think even has).

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
R0cDd9.gif

If I bought your instrument, and took photos of the issues you documented and sent them to Reverb after your BS response. They would side with me or any customer, because those are flaws not present in your description of the instrument.

No amount of mental gymnastics would hold up, and you'd end up refunding whoever you scammed regardless. Hilarious that you "feel sorry" for the final owner, did you not disclose anything to them either and ask them "Hey look over the guitar and let me know if anything is wrong with it?".
Then I would just refund your money or whatever? What is the deal? I do not see any problem.
It was never sold on reverb, this was just a try. I actually did not expect anyone to buy this. And so it was.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I'm not going to engage you because there is no reason to.

Now in your mind, you might possibly interpret that as: "You don't have any valid criticisms to make against me".

And I would say: "No that's not what I said... It's simply that me trying to point out your inconsistencies, contradictions, and embellishments isn't worth my time to get into. People here have already tried".

And you might then say: "See... You have nothing to back up what you're saying because you're not stating examples".

In which case I would emphasize that you are interpreting things only in a way that suits you and for that, there is no reason for me to regurgitate the examples that have already been stated.

At this point, you're demonstrating a lack of transparency and instead picking and choosing your words in an effort to paint yourself as the victim. You also seem to possess a consistent yet at times subtle tendency to convey your opinions as facts... as well as twisting things in a way that comes across a bit disingenuous in your arguments.

Please... If you reply to this and I don't come back to further engage you, don't say "Yep.. That guy didn't know what he was talking about... That's why he didn't come back with another reply". The reason that I'm bowing out of this is because I simply do not care to repeatedly slam my head against a wall for no reason. It doesn't take too long ( certainly not 14 pages) to surmise that you have doubled down and dug in your heels. None of this helps your case.

Good day.

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Something no one seems to notice:

I disclosed what I wrote on Reverb in my first post. I even stated that this text came directly from that listing…

So, no one was arguing against this text back then. Please check again. ;) I was not shady at any point in my review.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Then I would just refund your money or whatever? What is the deal? I do not see any problem.
It was never sold on reverb, this was just a try. I actually did not expect anyone to buy this. And so it was.
Listing something with no expectation of making a sale, what insanity.

Something no one seems to notice:

I disclosed what I wrote on Reverb in my first post. I even stated that this text came directly from that listing…

So, no one was arguing against this text back then. Please check again. ;) I was not shady at any point in my review.
Of course, the problem arrives when you attempt to pass it off to another person without disclosing said issues transparently. You were 100% shady when listing it on Reverb, you should count your luck that it did not sell to someone who would investigate the instrument decently.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Funny, my bad guitar was advertised with the same images that you bring up here. These are worth nothing in my book and especially after this experience. Rusti is deceiving customers with these photoshopped images, from best angle, masking the issues. How would you expect to see trem issues when only looking at these flashy things? It seems you understood absolutely nothing from this threat… He even had my sub-par guitar as profile pic for quite a long time (I think even has).

You're insinuating that all these beautiful guitars are just riddled with problems, but no one else is complaining. Like you drew a bunch of red circles all over your inlay. You know what? That's a beautiful inlay. You're not convincing anyone otherwise by highlighting miniscule specs in it. It didn't need to be photoshopped to be on his front page. It's simply a good looking guitar with an especially good looking fretboard. You're on Skervesen now? Let me know which Skervesen has a fretboard that nice.

')