NGD : Rusti Lotus #9

• Thread starter Gango79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gango79

Reaction score
After the famous thread of our friend Puma, now it’s time to get serious.

This is my new Lotus #9. Ordered in the late 2020 finally on my hands. For those unfamiliar with it, Rusti Guitars is a small shop based in Italy that has been producing fine hand made instruments. Claudio Rustignoli is the man behind the brand and according to my experience I consider him a great professional, extremely helpful and meticulous.

The guitar features:

PME top

Black limba body

PME neck

Ebony fretboard

Hantug fixed headless bridge

Bkp polymath

Fanned frets

Stainless steel jumbo frets with spherical frets ends

Satin finish

This is my second Rusti ( I also own a koa paradox, rusti superstrat model)

The pale moon top is simply breathtaking and the one piece neck too. The guitar is extremely well made (same build quality I was used to) and the fretwork is phenomenal. The spherical fretends is very comfortable and standard on all his model. It is something that we don’t seevery often.

I was afraid the guitar was slightly unbalanced due to the pme neck. I was wrong. The guitar is very light and balanced.

The PME neck is lighter than I expected and it gives great attack. The shape is the same of my Paradox so I feel very comfortable.

initially the pickups choice leaned towards silo. finally I decided to go with polymath and I not regret the choice.

big and aggressive sound perfect for modern and high gain sound. I Love the cover too, I think they match perfectly with the ebony top!

The satin finish is perfect, maybe a little shiny on the neck and fretboard!

Here some pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Ahh so this one is yours. I saw it all over Rusti’s facebook.

Beautiful guitar - that neck is stunning. HNGD!

Gango79

Reaction score
I realize now that I posted the thread on sevenstrings discussion instead of standard guitars…Admins please move the thread in the right place if possible.

mbardu

Reaction score
I mean it looks good and all but I think it needs a more in depth analysis, you’re going to need to draw some lines and make sure everything is properly spaced.

You don't even need to go there. It's clear that the bridge here has even less routing and floating range as the infamous one.
Just keeps getting worse :lol:

Last edited:

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
After the famous thread of our friend Puma, now it’s time to get serious.

This is my new Lotus #9. Ordered in the late 2020 finally on my hands. For those unfamiliar with it, Rusti Guitars is a small shop based in Italy that has been producing fine hand made instruments. Claudio Rustignoli is the man behind the brand and according to my experience I consider him a great professional, extremely helpful and meticulous.

The guitar features:

PME top

Black limba body

PME neck

Ebony fretboard

Hantug fixed headless bridge

Bkp polymath

Fanned frets

Stainless steel jumbo frets with spherical frets ends

Satin finish

This is my second Rusti ( I also own a koa paradox, rusti superstrat model)

The pale moon top is simply breathtaking and the one piece neck too. The guitar is extremely well made (same build quality I was used to) and the fretwork is phenomenal. The spherical fretends is very comfortable and standard on all his model. It is something that we don’t seevery often.

I was afraid the guitar was slightly unbalanced due to the pme neck. I was wrong. The guitar is very light and balanced.

The PME neck is lighter than I expected and it gives great attack. The shape is the same of my Paradox so I feel very comfortable.

initially the pickups choice leaned towards silo. finally I decided to go with polymath and I not regret the choice.

big and aggressive sound perfect for modern and high gain sound. I Love the cover too, I think they match perfectly with the ebony top!

The satin finish is perfect, maybe a little shiny on the neck and fretboard!

Here some pics

You waited 2 years, probably you were also never quoted any date for the build to be finished. That is too much wait time and very much in line with my horrible Rusti experience.

The finish of that guitar looks horrible, guess the guy Rusti outsources his paintjobs to put a 1 mm of coating on that guitar top. Looks like crap in my opinion. I had the same issue on my Lotus, felt very unnatural. Satin finishes on wood are usually thinner and do not feel like plastic (as mine did back then and yours probably does as well).

Not talking in-depth about specs, but FF on a 6-string is borderline dumb. Overall, the FF together with the PME makes the pickups look goofed up, although they probably are not (I would not expect that, even not from a Rusti). Also interesting how they fucked up the satin neck and made it "too shiny". This will also have an impact on the feel of the neck. The more shiny, the more friction you will have when playing. I dislike.

The semi-hemispherical fret ends together with the string placement on that fretboard are a surefire way to have strings come of the fretboard when fretting and playing fast or with lots of vibrato. This was an issue I was facing with my Rusti when soloing, it does not happen with any other guitar I own or have played in the past. Different factors contribute to this: the string placement vs fretboard, the semi-hemispherical frets, the extreme polish of the frets (very slippery).

The single string headpieces will have the same issue as mine had back then, unless they are a bit recessed. The pieces moved / turned a bit when installing strings. Lastly, why are the electronics / switches so close together? There was so much space on that guitar and he put them so close to each other? Only a MASTER luthier can do something like that.

But seems you are happy with these things. Never touched the guitar or had a closer look, so not going to discuss anything one cannot from these pics.

Last edited:

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping it would be Puma's second secret order.

Anyway, happy NGD! The streaks on the neck look really cool.
Will come. But turnover rate is pretty slow at Rusti as it seems. My Aristides is going to finish even before that thing.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I prefer other woods but looks good to me. Typical high end prog-oriented boutiquery.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Holy shit, I'm not usually a fan of Pale Moon ebony, usually because it's usually in the middle of an atrocious combination of "bling", but holy shit that PME neck is something else.....

')