NGD: Sabre Guitars SSM-1 (Extremely pic heavy!)

Semi-pro

Reaction score
We'll be going with a 7.25mm spacing for the new nut to suit him better. All part of the service. Just glad we had this time whilst Shreyas was in the country so we could make these choices in person.

Nice to hear that the new nut will be so neatly taken care of :) True professional at work!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
New nut is in place with a ~6.9mm string spacing. Feels a lot like the Earvana spacing that i'm used to on the Daemoness. I can't begin to thank Chris for being able to sort this out less than 24 hours before I fly back to India. Customer service at it's best. :yesway:

I expect he'll be posting pictures of the new nut soon!

chris9

Reaction score
work of art
enought said
congrats!!!!

seven_stringer

Reaction score
Very nice looking guitar. Except for the nut the detail is fantastic. Quality work.

I made a 27" scale 7 string neck through a few years ago and didn't make the neck/fret board wide enough at the body end. After I realized what I had done I was pissed but put it together anyway. The string spacing was fine at the nut end but at the body end the strings were too close to the edge of the fret board for my liking. It was my first neck through and I should have been more careful but I had many projects going on at the same time.

I only mention this because if the strings are spaced wider at the nut than they are now they might get too close to the edge of the fret board which might affect how well it plays. After a year or so I couldn't live with the horror that I created so I band sawed the neck off! The body is still good though and will live on.

Jeff

nikolix

Reaction score
So awesome I pooped a little...

Congrats man! Never seen something like this!

')