NGD: Sabre Guitars SSM-1 (Extremely pic heavy!)

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
All I needed was one single shot straight from the "front" of the guitar where you see the shape and proportions but no...

Don't worry, he made up for it...

...with a gigantic closeup of the toggle switch, for some reason :lol:.

Happy NGD, OP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Ahhh Everything with this build is amazing. And you used my favorite spec! H-S

77zark77

Reaction score
Beautiful woods + H-s config + fanned frets + headstock ala Lâg = Pure WIN ! :yesway::yesway::yesway:

Congratulations and happy NGD :metal::bowdown:

Reaction score
I'd just like to butt in very briefly and say that this guitar was a TOTAL pleasure to build but even more so - Shreyas is a legend and a completely awesome guy to build for!

I really appreciate all the comments/critique. - As far as I'm concerned I'm still (and hopefully always will be) learning with each guitar I make. - I just said something similar on MetalGuitarist.org. And its the best thing to get people's reactions to my work.

I really hope to improve and expand my skills with each instrument. At the end of the day I'm only building these things so guitarists will LOVE them so I honestly love to hear the truth about what you guys think and I'd be stoked to know if people think I can improve my designs/ideas in any way.

Floor's open lads!

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I'd just like to butt in very briefly and say that this guitar was a TOTAL pleasure to build but even more so - Shreyas is a legend and a completely awesome guy to build for!

I really appreciate all the comments/critique. - As far as I'm concerned I'm still (and hopefully always will be) learning with each guitar I make. - I just said something similar on MetalGuitarist.org. And its the best thing to get people's reactions to my work.

I really hope to improve and expand my skills with each instrument. At the end of the day I'm only building these things so guitarists will LOVE them so I honestly love to hear the truth about what you guys think and I'd be stoked to know if people think I can improve my designs/ideas in any way.

Floor's open lads!

A couple of years ago ago I promised myself that when I have enough money I would get myself a Daemoness, but after seeing this, i'm not so sure anymore...
Congratulations on building what is probably the best guitar I have ever seen.

Reaction score
A couple of years ago ago I promised myself that when I have enough money I would get myself a Daemoness, but after seeing this, i'm not so sure anymore...
Congratulations on building what is probably the best guitar I have ever seen.

Dude - Dylan's stuff is literally THE NUTS. Don't discount Daemoness!!! They're epic to the Nth degree!!

Allealex

Reaction score
Man this guy from Sabre is hella fast! How much did it take to finish tha guitar (which is extremelly nice, congrats :yesway:) ?

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Dude - Dylan's stuff is literally THE NUTS. Don't discount Daemoness!!! They're epic to the Nth degree!!

Then I guess I'll have to get both a Sabre and a Daemoness, and sell a kidney while I'm at it :lol:
Jk, but seriously i hope school pays off :rolleyes:

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Amazing guitar, everything (especially the inlay) is phenomenal!

...but to me also the nut looks a bit weird. As if it was a stock size nut to a normal neck, but as you place it in an angle to a ff neck, logically it makes the string spacing narrower than what it should be on a corresponding non-ff neck. One of the shots directly above the nut illustrates this "choking the neck" effect quite clearly (and even though it's angled it could be placed in the middle, leaving equally space on both sides of the rut). Makes me wonder, if one takes his time with the inlay and everything else, why one of the most important parts in terms of intonation and tuning looks hastily done?

Don't wanna be a party-pooper though, still the guitar looks killer (and i'm sure it plays like butter too!):hbang: Besides a nut-job is an easy routine task to any luthier/tech anyway...:)

Reaction score
Interesting you should mention that. Shreyas and I decided the same thing. I'm actually cutting him a new nut with a wider spacing on Thursday.

Incidentally it's not a pre-slotted nut, but I usually use a 6mm string spacing to complement my tiny bitch-sized hands! We'll be going with a 7.25mm spacing for the new nut to suit him better. All part of the service. Just glad we had this time whilst Shreyas was in the country so we could make these choices in person.

')