NGD - Schecter Banshee 8A

• Thread starter jovima69
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jovima69

Reaction score
So thanks to all of you folks here on SSO, I bought an 8. I really couldn't pass the deal up. I have only picked up an 8 on a few other occasions, and never for more than a few minutes. So, I'm scouring the threads for tunings, and songs to try and tackle. The 28" scale is taking some getting used to, as I have only 25.5" guitars, but it is tolerable. I dont think I'll notice it soon. This one will probably going back, as there is a rough spot/defect on the fretboard, but I'll play the hell out of it until Monday, before sending off for a replacement. Also, this is my first set of actives in quite some time. First Schecter ever, great specs. Sounds good so far...

Thanks to the SSO community for all of your insights and knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 273

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Low Baller

Reaction score
HNGD I am also making the jump to 8 I also have a schecter banshee coming Tuesday of fedex is on time. I got the passive Duncan's though and red burst. Sorry to hear about the defect.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I have that guitar with the passives. I wasn't getting along with the neck/setup until I shimmed it about 1/32" at the body end of the neck cavity, now its playing like butter.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
HNGD hope you enjoy the land of 8ness! Still trying to make it happen for myself. Schecter just continues to impress with their overall aesthetics and presentation.... over and over!

jovima69

Reaction score
So after sending the old one back due the fretboard issue, I contacted another online retailer and salesman that I had done business with before. I told him my issue with the other guitar and retailer, and he offered me my choice of the Banshee 8A's they had in stock for a KILLER price. A lot less than posted. Went with a purple one this time! Although a 55 point inspection only covers the basics, it ensured that I wasn't going to receive a guitar with blatant QC issues that would have been caught with a simple visual inspection. Once I received my new Banshee 8, I was very happy! :hbang:

Right out of the box, the guitar played great. The neck is thin, and super comfortable. The frets are clean, with no sharp edges, and all notes ringing clear. A little buzz playing acoustically on the F and Bb, but not noticeable through my amp. The 28" scale has been easily handled. The 808's sound great. Chords and single lines sound great. The F doesn't overpower and drown out any of the other strings. Distorted or clean, neck or bridge, good sound. Awesome chugga-chugga as well. Neck access down by the joint is a bit clunky, but doable. All around a well built, well playing guitar!

THANKS again SSO community!

Attachments

• IMG_0840.jpg
    IMG_0840.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
')