NGD: Schecter Blackjack ATX C-8 (More updates soon)

• Thread starter johnnyboy102
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy102

Reaction score
I decided to give the new blackjack c-8 a try and with the 45 day "satisfaction guarantee" from musicians friend I figured what do I have to lose? So anyway after being backordered for a couple days I finally received the guitar last night.

My first impression when I got the box open was that it was it was a lot more off white than I expected (I got the aged white finish) but it wasn't a huge deal I was just excited it was here. The screw and spring on the low B at the bridge appeared to me missing until later that night I later found it on my carpet. I guess it wasn't screwed in there very well and it somehow popped off.

Anyway the action was great and it seemed to be set up fairly well. When I plugged in I noticed right away that the cleans sounded amazing. The clarity of the of pickups is fantastic. When hit my distortion and it sounded a little off but after messing with the EQ on my amp I was very satisfied. The blackouts handle the low F# (or F in my case) a lot better than I expected. I am very happy with the tone I can get out of them. I was a little worried having been an EMG guy and never used blackouts before but I am extremely satisfied with them. My biggest worry was the scale length was going to be too short (26.5) but it seems to be able to handle the low string fine. There is some slight buzz if you hit it hard but I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway over all my first impression on this guitar was very very good. I have only played it for a couple hours but I have seemed to get a feel for it. I'm going to try and update this thread later with some pics and if I ever get around to it a video. I'll probably also put a more extensive review one I get some more play time in.

edit: Okay these pictures didn't turn out at all... I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my camera. I'm going to see if my girlfriend will take some of it later this week with her good camera. Anyway until then here are a few will messed up lighting and blurriness.

upload3.jpg
upload4.jpg

upload1.jpg
upload2y.jpg

as you can see for whatever reason the lighting is completely different in all of the pictures. The picture of the body is probably the truest to the color of the finish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

foreverburn

Reaction score
I don't think the thread is worthless without pics, I rather enjoyed reading this reivew of sorts. If you want to see one so bad, google it.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Why does there have to be such a high percentage of ASSHOLES around here. Jesus Christ.

Sometimes text over the internet doesn't really transfer humor to well, I mean when I read that over I read it as a little joke not Hauch being an asshole:yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Why does there have to be such a high percentage of ASSHOLES around here. Jesus Christ.

You do realize when that .jpeg is posting (this thread is worthless without pics), it is NOT meant literally, right? :rolleyes: People just prefer seeing pictures of the actual guitar being discussed, relax Nancy... :rofl:

P.S. I find it ironic that the guy screaming in this thread and calling everyone else "ASSHOLES" is indeed acting very much like... yep, an asshole. ;)

Back on topic - The pics look fine man, that is a killer guitar! I haven't played a Schecter 8 yet, are the necks slimmer than their 7's? :scratch: I think someone had said that previously but I haven't had any firsthand experience with them as of yet. :)

johnnyboy102

Reaction score
You do realize when that .jpeg is posting (this thread is worthless without pics), it is NOT meant literally, right? :rolleyes: People just prefer seeing pictures of the actual guitar being discussed, relax Nancy... :rofl:

P.S. I find it ironic that the guy screaming in this thread and calling everyone else "ASSHOLES" is indeed acting very much like... yep, an asshole. ;)

Back on topic - The pics look fine man, that is a killer guitar! I haven't played a Schecter 8 yet, are the necks slimmer than their 7's? :scratch: I think someone had said that previously but I haven't had any firsthand experience with them as of yet. :)

Honestly I haven't played a schecter 7 long enough to make a good judgment but if I were to base it off of the vague memory I do have, it seems like the neck on the c-8 is actually thinner than what I remember of other schecter 7's. Any c-8 owners out there please correct me if I'm wrong. The neck on the c-8 was definitely a lot thinner than I was anticipating though.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly I haven't played a schecter 7 long enough to make a good judgment but if I were to base it off of the vague memory I do have, it seems like the neck on the c-8 is actually thinner than what I remember of other schecter 7's. Any c-8 owners out there please correct me if I'm wrong. The neck on the c-8 was definitely a lot thinner than I was anticipating though.

Sweet thanks for the info man! :yesway: I've been wanting to check out one of these so maybe I'll see if one of the local GC's has one or something. :)

johnnyboy102

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the info man! :yesway: I've been wanting to check out one of these so maybe I'll see if one of the local GC's has one or something. :)

No problem. I wouldn't bet on your local GC carrying one though... maybe its just the GC here but they never seem to have any ERGs, at most maybe there will be 2-3 seven strings. Plus there is suppose to be only 50 of these made even though I feel like that is questionable.

')